sub frame connector

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

164runner

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach1, medium blue, 351 C-6
going to install some global west sub frame connectors. seens like the rear sub frame the metal is not as thick as the front sub frame, just worried about burning threw rear sub frame when installing these connectors. anyone had problems with this? best way to weld? run a bead on sub frame then weld on top of first weld to connector?

I just went for it not knowing any better.  No issues either front or back, although I think the backs were easier and I wound up with nice beads there.

Here's right after the install, passenger side.  My beads sucked on the fronts, but they're solid enough:

attachment.php

And here's how the rear driver side came out (sorry for all the bondo dust - this was shortly after I got it back from the body shop):

attachment.php

I actually cut up a couple pieces of metal stock and welded on the ends of the brackets in the rear - there was a bit of a gap, so I closed 'em up to make sure no water would wind up standing in there (probably not necessary, but I did it just in case).

My beads sucked on the fronts, but they're solid enough:
I always thought that was what they made grinders for. It's amazing how good some of my welds look after I've hit them with the grinder a time or two, and touched the welds up as necessary. :)

My beads sucked on the fronts, but they're solid enough:
I always thought that was what they made grinders for. It's amazing how good some of my welds look after I've hit them with the grinder a time or two, and touched the welds up as necessary. :)
Yeah... well... they're under the car and nobody's ever going to see them.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.   :whistling:

rofl

Back