Hockey Stick stripes on a Grande??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soonerbillz, I believe if that one could talk it would have lot to say! Defiantly not a Grande as that one has a standard interior and the Mach1 style front end appearance.

Is probably as you guessed, a 71 Spring Sprint. The Boss style Hockey Stick stripes were standard only on the Boss 351 and were  only available as an option on the 71 Mach1. The 71 Spring Sprint was a coupe only release and was the only other way to get the Boss style stripes on anything other than the Boss or a Mach1.

I didn't know the Spring Special came in different colors.. I have only seen them in red.

I didn't know the Spring Special came in different colors.. I have only seen them in red.
I have limited info the 71 Spring Sprints. Since the racing mirrors and urethane front bumper were borrowed from the Mach1, the same colors that were available on the Mach1 should also have been available on the Sprint. Red was probably used a lot in advertisements since it was such attention getting color. (Ask any of your Police buddies)!   :whistling:

Am I the only one who noticed the typo in the Ford Spring Edition ad?  They used an apostrophe with 'Dealers,' (TWICE!!) Which is possessive... not plural... and a common mistake still made these days - cracked me up.

Am I the only one who noticed the typo in the Ford Spring Edition ad?  They used an apostrophe with 'Dealers,' (TWICE!!)  Which is possessive... not plural... and a common mistake still made these days - cracked me up.
:chin: 

Seems that you are still the only one...

But it is nice to see that there are some other nit-pickers out there than me - I am the same here in German language and it's part of my job ;)

Interesting they printed it twice the way it was... But there are enough similar faults still out there in ads today! We in German language like to use "false apostrophes", too :D 

But back to topic:

From the pictures an the infos of a previous thread here I think it's a Spring Special with missing vinyl roof like the picture in the ad in a bit rough shape. But I like that overall appearance of a Coupe like that!

I have limited info the 71 Spring Sprints. Since the racing mirrors and urethane front bumper were borrowed from the Mach1, the same colors that were available on the Mach1 should also have been available on the Sprint. Red was probably used a lot in advertisements since it was such attention getting color. (Ask any of your Police buddies)!   :whistling:
It would be interesting to see the breakdown on the numbers for Spring Special cars and which colors were made...

It would be interesting to see the breakdown on the numbers for Spring Special cars and which colors were made...
Did Ford offer something similar in 1973? I knew someone who had a similar looking 73 351C coupe.... The picture is from 1998 and I believe his was an unrestored daily driver. 

Rich, the stripes were a little easier to get in 72 and 73. In 72 there was a Decor Group option that included the lower body accent paint treatment with the narrow chrome molding like the Mach1. The body side tape stripe (Boss style stripe) was available in conjunction with the Decor Group which was only available on base coupes and vert only. The stripe was still available as on option on the Mach1.

In 73 once again there was a Decor Group option that was available on the base coupe and vert and offered the 71-72 style body side stripe as an option in conjunction with the Decor Group only.

Am I the only one who noticed the typo in the Ford Spring Edition ad?  They used an apostrophe with 'Dealers,' (TWICE!!)  Which is possessive... not plural... and a common mistake still made these days - cracked me up.
I noticed it too, one of my pet peeves that I have to refrain from mentioning....

Back