67 Fairlane hood hinges

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Coupe.
Got a friend building a 67 Fairlane and he has run into the same problems as us 1973 Mustang owners with the rear bumper brackets.  No one makes them.

Anyone happen to have a set they want to sell that are decent or know of another model that would fit a 67 Fairlane? :chin:

Their are several groups on Facebook that I belong to that deal with Fairlanes, Torino, Cyclone.  Have you friend look their.  Another contact may be this guy.

https://www.martyburkemotorsports.com/
Much appreciated.  So far he has struck out on his Fairlane sites but we will keep checking. We will try this guy you sent. 

Can always count on my Mustang brothers! ::thumb::

Got a friend building a 67 Fairlane and he has run into the same problems as us 1973 Mustang owners with the rear bumper brackets.  No one makes them.

Anyone happen to have a set they want to sell that are decent or know of another model that would fit a 67 Fairlane? :chin:
Get on Facebook and look up Scotty Stickland in Oxford, N.C. He has a Ford junkyard I saw a few fairlanes there. Facebook only want to reach him. He works third shift at regular job.

Get on Facebook and look up Scotty Stickland in Oxford, N.C. He has a Ford junkyard I saw a few fairlanes there. Facebook only want to reach him. He works third shift at regular job.
Thank you.  Struck out with the other recommendation so we will give him a try.

70sElvis, unless a body style 66 or 71(Ranchero or wagon) the rear bumper arms only fit model years 66 and 67. There are inner and outer arms on that particular model.

Unfortunately the 66-67 Mercury Comet does not use the same arms as the Ford version. I've checked all my sources and with some Fairlane friends and no one has anything.

At this point I would try to contact David's friend Scotty Strickland in NC. I have seen some 66-67 Fairlanes on his site, so it's just a matter of pleading your case with him!

Good Luck on your search.

70sElvis, unless a body style 66 or 71(Ranchero or wagon) the rear bumper arms only fit model years 66 and 67. There are inner and outer arms on that particular model.

Unfortunately the 66-67 Mercury Comet does not use the same arms as the Ford version. I've checked all my sources and with some Fairlane friends and no one has anything.

At this point I would try to contact David's friend Scotty Strickland in NC. I have seen some 66-67 Fairlanes on his site, so it's just a matter of pleading your case with him!

Good Luck on your search.
Thank you for checking around for me.  We will find some eventually.

Might try looking at 66 Falcon Ranchero and 66 to 70 Falcon wagon. A lot of parts are shared between the Falcon Ranchero and wagon and the 66-67 Fairlanes, but they were made for 4 and half years. I suspect if the rear bumpers are the same, then the brackets are the same. Then again the Fairlane wagon/Ranchero may be different from the 2dr/4dr.

Might try looking at 66 Falcon Ranchero and 66 to 70 Falcon wagon. A lot of parts are shared between the Falcon Ranchero and wagon and the 66-67 Fairlanes, but they were made for 4 and half years. I suspect if the rear bumpers are the same, then the brackets are the same. Then again the Fairlane wagon/Ranchero may be different from the 2dr/4dr.
Will definitely check them out.

Thanks.

I did some pretty superficial checking. Id be pretty sure that between Falcon and Fairlane, the Ranchero and wagon stuff is the same. The back section of those cars was shared. I looked at some Falcon and Fairlane coupes and the bumpers look the same with apparently the same three bolts pattern on each side. There is a good chance that the 2dr and 4dr models shared the same mounting brackets although the Fairlane bumper has a slightly different shape on the end.

Back