Radiator to grill cover

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
As the title says (and I don't think I'm losing my mind)... ::tease::

I could swear that I saw an ad recently for a cover for our radiator to grill that closes up that big space. It cosmetic, but I thought it looked cool. 

Cost was about $165.

But NOW I can't find it.  ::shrug::

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm talking about and maybe where to buy it?  :huh:

Thats pretty slick. I havnt seen that one before. I have seen alot of Aluminum covers for older mustangs but this is the first cover ive seen for Ours.

Made one myself, and by the look of it, looks like gravity is the only hardware that comes with this piece.

I think you need to drill holes for the hood bumpers, radiator support holes, prolly cut in it if you have twist locks.

On the grille side, if you have 73, you will prolly need to at least drill 2 small holes on each side. on the deeper 71/72 grilles, I might try to keep it with no holes on the front by just adding a thick tape acting as a cushion underneath that will rest on the grill body/latch. I know that once bolted on the radiator support alone, its already pretty strong. But would it resist to wind and not move up/down on the hood/grill if not bolted?

I this set it on there to send y'all a pic, 2way tape is on the underside, might have to modify for my hood pin brackets

Looks good, but it's missing something. Just a little to flat. Needs more character.

Maybe the red stang would look a little better if painted to match the body color.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is the fact that it is plastic. Everything else on these cars is metal and I think the depth you would get with a painted metal piece would be the way to go over the plastic look.

This is my all aluminum one I built years ago.  I just use my hood pins so no need for the latch to poke through.

Back