NOS OEM Ford 1973 Mustang Rear Bumper Chrome Trim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sports Roof Fastback (early model)
1973 Coupe -Under rebuild/restore
Look at the pics ... it is all scratched up - he even states it is for a driver car.

Keep in mind a lot of the NOS parts people have now were dealer rejects and sent back because of defects.

For sure needs to be re chromed. NOS does not mean show quality.

I hear you on what it costs to chrome something. I have a 57 T-bird front bumper that I had chromed and cannot sell it to save me. Could have sold if not chromed. Also have several 64 Ford Galaxy rear bumpers same thing cannot sell because I had them chromed, big mistake.

I often wonder how much of the "new old stock" is a warrantied or insured accident part that was placed in the box the replacement came in and was never discarded. Years and years roll by and suddenly somebody finds this "new old stock" piece at an auction or flea market of an old Ford dealership bodyman..

Metro Plating in Mesa, AZ straightens and rechromes bumpers in the $285 range. Nice work too. They also starightened my 69 front bumper that FedEx tried to destroy.

Good Folks,    Ed Raver

That particular one has the rubber strip mounting holes already drilled. I don't think any of the repros have the holes predrilled. If you decide to spend the bucks to have one rechromed, it is always better to drill those holes before it is re-chromed.

Back