Stationary quarter window trim removal '73 Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeet76

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback, a mix modeled after the original Black Pursuit Special, and Yellow Interceptor from Mad Max (1979)

I decided to buy some new quarter windows for my '73 Fastback. Just got them back from getting tinted, and now I am wondering what the best way is to remove the chrome trim from the original windows, and affix them to the new ones. 

These are fixed quarter windows that don't go up or down.

I've tried searching google, bing, etc., and topics here, but to no avail.

Any secrets and tips are much appreciated  ;) 

Many thanks

i just took off my side trim and stripped it and painted it. my trim came off by pulling the top towards the door. it wasnt glued and has a felt like coating in the channel. one side i had to nudge with a ssrew driver with a rag on the end

Thanks for the info markc. That helped a ton. The passenger side looked as though it had been removed once before, and was siliconed back on.

I did decide to clean the trim pieces up with some 320 grit, and just clear coated them.

Looks really cool.

I'll get pics up shortly.

Thanks again!

Here is the result...two layers of 5% tint on each window, stripped the shine of the trim & clear coated...

i just took off my side trim and stripped it and painted it. my trim came off by pulling the top towards the door. it wasnt glued and has a felt like coating in the channel. one side i had to nudge with a ssrew driver with a rag on the end
How did you re-adhere the metal to the glass?

Back