1st Time Mustang Owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Mississippi. Looks as though you have already starting making some very Wise and Mature choices. When you get a chance please tell us some more about that very sharp looking "First Mustang" and yourself.

Welcome to your new Mustang home!   :)

Welcome from a fellow WA newbie !
Thanks.  I just received my classic plate, so the old front plate is coming off!  Yay!

Hello from Mississippi. Looks as though you have already starting making some very Wise and Mature choices. When you get a chance please tell us some more about that very sharp looking "First Mustang" and yourself.

Welcome to your new Mustang home!   :)
It is a '73 Coupe with a 302 that is mostly stock, but has a few mods.  I am the 3rd owner. I found out the car was delivered just a few miles from me in '73. The 2nd owner restored it with his son over the past 6 or so years.  The day I got it I had the valves adjusted because of a slight metalic ticking (One was slightly loose and is quiet now), Napa battery (710 amps), and oil change (just went with the Castrol 10w-30).  

1. 4 Barrel Holley carb & intake

2. Comp cam

3. dual exhaust

4. Hood (no HP gain!)  :)

I really enjoy the car as it is.  I love the exhaust note, the torque, and the upper end hp I believe is helped by the cam.  

I can't believe how much respect the car gets around town.  I am not used to the attention.  Oh..and my 5 kids love it!

I am not in a hurry for any upgrades as I only had the car for a week.  But, my wish list so far is:

1. Electronic ignition (still has points, but starts right up)

2. A little larger/wider period wheels (similar to the Mach 1 wheels)

3. suspension (feels squishy.  I would like to stiffen it up a bit). 

4. aftermarket headers 

5. considering rear and front spoiler (haven't made a decision yet).  I would hate to drill holes in the nice trunk lid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and Welcome from the Sierra Nevada's of Calif.

How do your 5 kids pick to see who gets to ride in the stang?

Do they pick straws? or maybe a game of craps? ;-)

Bru

Back