Interesting...1 of 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DragonKnight

I have to admit, half of me hoped my 71 Mach 1 wasn't too rare. I was just looking for an excuse to play with the paint and interior. I also wanted to heavily modify the suspension and swap in a 5-speed manual in place of the C6. The other half hoped it was just a little bit rare so I can concentrate on a more basic restoration, have a relaxing cruiser, and then seek out a 65 to turn into a track car.

So I ended up buying a Marti statistic report. Kinda funny that tires would've made the difference. :p

Rich

Statistic Report_sm.jpg

tilt steering is what really makes it special...the tires just made it one of one..lol..my car was orderd with same tires..but didnt factor into my break down at all..lol

Yes, sometimes these decisions on "what to do" or "not do" with our Mustangs can make you crazy:)!

I resolve the problem by building two:). Seriously, if I were you I would sit down and jot down the plus and minus for what I would like to do with the car the MAJORITY of the time. It does require being totally honest with yourself.

BT

Thanks, guys! This has been a learning experience for sure. :cool:

tilt steering is what really makes it special...the tires just made it one of one..lol..my car was orderd with same tires..but didnt factor into my break down at all..lol
Tells me how much I take modern amenities for granted, lol. I'm guessing the tilt steering wheel isn't very common?

Yes, sometimes these decisions on "what to do" or "not do" with our Mustangs can make you crazy:)!

I resolve the problem by building two:). Seriously, if I were you I would sit down and jot down the plus and minus for what I would like to do with the car the MAJORITY of the time. It does require being totally honest with yourself.

BT
Great advice. I'll admit, besides a weekend driver I would love to take this car to the autocross. But we'll see after I make myself a list. Of course, first things first...getting this bad boy up and running. :run_horse:

Rich, "finally beginning to work the passenger side floor pan in for welding" :)

Back