Interior clock

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalis

Reaction score
My Car
I have a Mustang Mach 1. 1973. It got 39000 miles on it since new. I am the second owner. Bought it 2018. Car has been in Sweden since 1973.
Is it anyone that have had problems with the clock in the console. The pin to adjust the time is loose. Can`t adjust the clock to the right time. Is it possible to fix and how?

DSC_2331 utg2.JPG

The set shaft is held in by a small gear that is pressed onto the end.

In between the gear and the backing plate inside the clock there is a small spring and washer.

All three pieces should be floating around inside the case - don't lose them when you take it apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC_2332 utg2.JPG

TheRktmn pid='332468' dateline='1541096870']The set shaft is held in by a small gear that is pressed onto the end. In between the gear and the backing plate inside the clock there is a small spring and washer.

All three pieces should be floating around inside the case - don't lose them when you take it apart.
If got them...Where shall the washer be mounted on the axle? Gear wheel?  Which end of the gear wheel shall it be on the axle?

The set shaft is held in by a small gear that is pressed onto the end.

In between the gear and the backing plate inside the clock there is a small spring and washer.

If got them...Where shall the washer be mounted on the axle? Gear wheel?  Which end of the gear wheel shall it be on the axle?

The washer goes between the spring and the gear.

When you pull on the shaft to make sure the gear is secure, aim it into a small cup to catch the gear, washer and spring if they weren't secure.

:whistling:

I have had the best success with 'peening' the end of the shaft.

the chrome knob actually unscrews, if i remember right, it lets go right before you think you're going to break it.

Last edited by a moderator:
careful with the heat though, it will melt the lens, and yes small needle nose hold the shaft still (pull it towards you first and grab near the lens) while you unscrew the knob.

The trickier part is putting it back together.

If you screw the knob too tight it will be

harder to remove next time if needed.

Too loose and you can't adjust the clock,

just comes unscrewed.

mike

Not sure if this is too late, but sent my center clock out to a company in Illinois for repair.

The cost was about $115 and it came back in perfect factory condition.

you can also ask for the clock to be changed to quartz.

Took about 3 weeks. They even buffed out the scratches on the lens.

Their web link is below.

www.clocksandgauges.com

Dan

Back