AutoMeter Gauge Retrofit

Hey Gang-

This is a follow up to my previous post on gauge upgrades.  

When considering the change I wanted to maintain as much of the stock aesthetic as possible, so looking at all the options I decided to go the route of retrofitting a set of Auto Meter Cobalt gauges into the original housings.  With the intent of minimal modifications to stock parts it took a bit of trial and error and some backyard engineering but IMHO the results look great.  

I'll post pics of them installed soon.

If folks are interested I can put a "how to" post up a bit later.  

1-Main-Gauges.jpg

2-Center-Gauges.jpg

Gauges used in this upgrade-

Series: Auto Meter Cobalt

ATM-6192  2 1/16"   Voltmeter 

ATM-6137  2 1/16"   Water Temp

ATM-6127  2 1/16"   Oil Pressure

ATM-7915  2 5/8"     Fuel Gauge

ATM-6298  5"           Tachometer 

ATM-6289  5"           Speedometer, Electronic

Accessories:

ATM-5292  Speedometer Sensor

ATM-3298   Connector 3 Terminal (2 sets)- 

ATM-3299   Connector 8 Terminal (2 sets- Tach and Speedo)

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible--19017]Visit My Garage[/button]

SWEET............I installed a set of Cobalts gauges , and it looks like they corrected something that REALLY BUGS me..... On mine the Oil/Water/Volts verbiage is in the middle so that the needle covers the words when working. It look like the re- positioned the words to the bottom so you can now see them..........I even thought about writing them about this, maybe others actually did ::thumb::

I like the blue light so much that I wired them to be always on :D

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Nice. I recently went with Dakota Digital in my '73.

xiDugoa.jpg

real nice also......

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

They do look very good. I would also encourage the tutorial so others can benefit from your time and dedication to making it look right. Good Job!

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

• 2 weeks later...