Disassemble daily trip odometer tip

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engine302

Reaction score
My Car
65 Conv.
65 GT350 tribute
65 GT350R tribute
68 GT500 tribute (project)
69 Mach1 CobraJet
72 Mach1 351C

I have received my odometer back from repair and like to install a new bezel lens. Following one of the threads I‘ll like to drill a whole and glue the back of the tip on the new lens!

WHO can help me „how to disassemble the reset tip“ from the old lens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all! But my original lens is broken and is contaminated with yellow glue particles- so I try to cut of the trip reset and glue it into the new repro lens! 

Just following the instructions

The trip reset is molded into the lens and not removable as a separate assembly.

I believe the thread you were looking for is here: https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-instrument-lens-with-the-trip-odometer?highlight=lens

But he reused his tachometer lens and spliced it to a new fuel gauge section.
For clarification.... I reused my original Speedo/Odometer lens and spliced it onto a new standard Fuel and Tachometer lens portion. The lens is facing down down in the picture. I was a bit apprehensive about cutting the new lens and my old lens apart, but the end result was t worked great. The splice was completely hidden behind the bezel over the gauges.

Thanks to all! I did follow the videos in the threat link from Don C‘s reply !

3 Hours of work - but I‘m happy with the result!

Now I have to fix the km/h foil bubbles!

Back