73 Mustang Vacuum diagram, with ac

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71steed

Reaction score
My Car
66 GT coupe
67 GTA convertible
69 Fastback, Boss 429 clone
69 GT coupe
71 Sports coupe
71 Mach 1
73 Mach 1
Does anyone have a link to a vacuum diagram for 73 Mustangs? With AC.   I think they are more elaborate than 71's  Thanks in advance

That really doesn't help since most of us don't use half of that stuff anymore. It doesn't show how the vacuum gets to the interior (ac box). The 73's also have a 4 inlet loop on the cowl. These show only two.

I'm really interested in the AC vacuum lines. Thanks anyway.

That really doesn't help since most of us don't use half of that stuff anymore.  It doesn't show how the vacuum gets to the interior (ac box).  The 73's also have a 4 inlet loop on the cowl.  These show only two.  

I'm really interested in the AC vacuum lines.  Thanks anyway.
The 4 vacuum connector is not connected in the middle it's 2 by 2, see picture

Follow the schematic how the lines are connected.  https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-vacu...um+diagram

vacuum connector.png

vacuum three.png

vacuum lines.png

vacuum lines 1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That really doesn't help since most of us don't use half of that stuff anymore.  It doesn't show how the vacuum gets to the interior (ac box).  The 73's also have a 4 inlet loop on the cowl.  These show only two.  

The diagram in this post should help.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-vacuum-diagram-help?highlight=Vacuum+diagram
There are two A/C related vacuum lines that pass thru the firewall one goes to the A/C vacuum canister (bolted to the inner fender apron behind the passenger side shock tower) and the other goes to the Heater control valve. The diagram above show these lines along with the others identified by a color stripe. You should be able to identify your original lines by these colors.

The diagram in this post should help.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-vacuum-diagram-help?highlight=Vacuum+diagram
There are two A/C related vacuum lines that pass thru the firewall one goes to the A/C vacuum canister (bolted to the inner fender apron behind the passenger side shock tower) and the other goes to the Heater control valve. The diagram above show these lines along with the others identified by a color stripe. You should be able to identify your original lines by these colors.

Hey, I noticed this very informative thread, my a/c control actuator is out, no way to direct vacuum, any thoughts where I could find a rebuild or after market? Many thanks, swice

swice.... I saw a place on Google....www.thepartguy.com....who has rebuilt switches like you asked about. There must be others, but I just saw this.

Hey, I noticed this very informative thread, my a/c control actuator is out, no way to direct vacuum, any thoughts where I could find a rebuild or after market? Many thanks, swice

Hey Spike, thank you for your kind reply, I looked it up and he's got, yay! Not a bad price. I tried to rebuild the old one myself, just mystery, I could not make it work. Something inside just split or failed I suppose. My old stang is coming along, I'll send a pic when I get it done, thank you again, swice

Back