73 Mustang Vacuum diagram, with ac

71steed

Does anyone have a link to a vacuum diagram for 73 Mustangs? With AC.   I think they are more elaborate than 71's  Thanks in advance

Does anyone have a link to a vacuum diagram for 73 Mustangs? With AC.   I think they are more elaborate than 71's  Thanks in advance

First is the 351 4V diagram and second is the 2V.

73-vac-diagram-CJ.gif

73-vac-diagram-non-cj.jpg

Jeff

1972 Q Code Convertible

That really doesn't help since most of us don't use half of that stuff anymore. It doesn't show how the vacuum gets to the interior (ac box). The 73's also have a 4 inlet loop on the cowl. These show only two.

I'm really interested in the AC vacuum lines. Thanks anyway.

That really doesn't help since most of us don't use half of that stuff anymore.  It doesn't show how the vacuum gets to the interior (ac box).  The 73's also have a 4 inlet loop on the cowl.  These show only two.  

I'm really interested in the AC vacuum lines.  Thanks anyway.

The diagram in this post should help.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-vacuum-diagram-help?highlight=Vacuum+diagram

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

That really doesn't help since most of us don't use half of that stuff anymore.  It doesn't show how the vacuum gets to the interior (ac box).  The 73's also have a 4 inlet loop on the cowl.  These show only two.  

The 4 vacuum connector is not connected in the middle it's 2 by 2, see picture

Follow the schematic how the lines are connected.  https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-vacu...um+diagram

2081202251_vacuumconnector.thumb.png.0e21b1631bae4bcb26a3506d5af0132f.png

208690898_vacuumthree.thumb.png.a9099ba8d6f4c732211cf9eb52cf4c8d.png

652018049_vacuumlines.thumb.png.1a049e01b0eadb56e4e78e6a95caf77b.png

94148279_vacuumlines1.thumb.png.e9e1be12dfad733e41486d836c7274c5.png

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-vacuum-diagram-help?highlight=Vacuum+diagram

There are two A/C related vacuum lines that pass thru the firewall one goes to the A/C vacuum canister (bolted to the inner fender apron behind the passenger side shock tower) and the other goes to the Heater control valve. The diagram above show these lines along with the others identified by a color stripe. You should be able to identify your original lines by these colors.

20160816-145606.jpg

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

• 7 months later...

There are two A/C related vacuum lines that pass thru the firewall one goes to the A/C vacuum canister (bolted to the inner fender apron behind the passenger side shock tower) and the other goes to the Heater control valve. The diagram above show these lines along with the others identified by a color stripe. You should be able to identify your original lines by these colors.

20160816-145606.jpg

Hey, I noticed this very informative thread, my a/c control actuator is out, no way to direct vacuum, any thoughts where I could find a rebuild or after market? Many thanks, swice

mustang-a-c-control-actuator.jpg

20160816-145606.jpg

Hey, I noticed this very informative thread, my a/c control actuator is out, no way to direct vacuum, any thoughts where I could find a rebuild or after market? Many thanks, swice

mustang-a-c-control-actuator.jpg

Hey Spike, thank you for your kind reply, I looked it up and he's got, yay! Not a bad price. I tried to rebuild the old one myself, just mystery, I could not make it work. Something inside just split or failed I suppose. My old stang is coming along, I'll send a pic when I get it done, thank you again, swice