73 mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71miguel73

Reaction score
My Car
Currently don’t have one but looking for a 71-73 mach 1
Im fairly new to mustangs and my son and i are looking into purchasing a 71-73 mach 1 for his first car. And came across this 73 for sale on craigslist. Just wanted to ask some people with more experience what they think this car is worth and what would be a good price to get it for. TIA, this is the link: https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-mustang-mach-1-351c-c6/6708592765.html

You need to see pic of door sticker or Marti report. As you can see been listed for 2 months so not a deal. I do not know where he gets parts are easy to find and cheap, lol. They are scarce as hens teeth and very expensive compared to other years. 

No side stripe says it was painted in past so might have lots of hidden rust. No pics where rust is always there, Cowl, Trunk, Floors. I would go inspect in person this is a $3,000 at best in my opinion.

It is a basket case needing everything right now. You would loose interest before you got it together I am afraid.

BTW never seen one sell for $50,000, lol. I have seen low miles never washed go for $30,000.

+1 on what David said. Especially on the not original paint. Look at pics #3 and 6. it was painted with base and clear at some point and the clear has mostly peeled off.

Hmmm.  It is a Q Code Car.  Being a Texas resident it could be solid, but it does need to be checked out.  If it were solid underneath and on the outside, and the Power train matches(eng/tranny/diff)  i would say 5k is fair for a good driver.

I mean a yellow Q code would be a nice eye catcher.

kcmash

Last edited by a moderator:
damn a day too late, I was in Austin yesterday ( flew out) could have been fun to look at how good or bad it is.

"Parts are easy to find for this car and are incredibly inexpensive." Not true at all, sure some things are easy, and some things are easy but they're crappy, but some are very hard and most aren't inexpensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back