Anyone running Flowmaster 15807 2.5" tailpipes?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
Anyone running Flowmaster 15807 tailpipes?

So far I am not too excited about any of the local muffler shops, and was thinking about getting the Flowmaster tailpipes as a starting point to fabricobble an exhaust system together.  Just looking for any photos and how tight they are near the tank sender.

Thanks!

I have them. Each side was cut into two pieces and custom installed by the local custom exhaust shop to clear the staggered shocks and sway bar. Chuck

Had them on two 71-73s, they fit great as long as you don't have staggered shocks, as Chuck mentioned. I made the exhausts from them , Flowmasters on one and Super Turbos on the other. Had a shop fab up the midpipes and I put the crossover in myself.

using 2.5's but they're the pypes pipes.
I have the same set-up with the X-pipe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

using 2.5's but they're the pypes pipes.
I have the same set-up with the X-pipe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Looks like you only have one rear shock in the pic??

I have flowmaster on 73 I believe but the PO had put huge Chrome tips on and now I cannot put trailer hitch on. I also bought the crashed vert that had the Pypes system on it that fit well they did have to shim the stiffiner plate under the vert to clear the Pypes system. After they clamped in they welded so is one big complete system now. I got off in one piece.

These pics were taken some time in 2012-2013 while I was still putting it all back together.  There were a lot of things I didn't have on the car at the time... fenders, hood, glass, seats, interior trim, paint, etc. ;) :whistling:  rofl

I recently had the clamps removed between the mufflers and headers to have those joints welded up. The exhaust shop also put on some proper hangers (instead of those cheesy universals that I bought separately) and installed an O2 sensor bung in the passenger side collector adapter for the FI system (coming soon, hopefully).

Back