73 vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slocody

Reaction score
My Car
it's a '73, and it's brown. still tryin' to figure out the rest.
I have been lurking on this forum for a few months now, and figured I should actually post something for a change.

Purchased this convertible over the summer on a whim.  I have never done any work on a carbureted engine before, so this is a new experience.  Hell TBH I had never even driven a car with a carb before.  Just to make it more exciting, this car is a frankenstein with a 289 from a 68, and lots of missing parts and loose wires under the hood.  But it runs well enough and the top works, so everything else is just frosting on the cake, right?  Plus I don't have to be as careful when I'm working on it, because concours correct waved bye-bye a long time ago.

I have been doing cosmetic sprucing-up since I got it, but winter has fully set in now so it's put away until spring :(

Any idea what a test vehicle means on the marti report?

Cody

Welcome from Iowa. Interesting with the Test Vehicle deal. With the Aug 72 production date it would have been a very early 73 production car. Maybe for emissions testing?

I looked in Marti's book and there were quite a few DSO 89 cars built.

Verts: 107

Coupes: 219

Fastback & Mach 1: 140

Might have been for the managers to drive to lunch in, lol.

At first I thought it would have a six digit DSO with the DSO build number of 7030 but Marti just put the 89 for Transportation Services. I have a Ford book in the garage that might tell more will look later.

So I guess someone did not like the 5H color and changed it.

Glad you can enjoy and not worry about messing something up.

Is you door sticker like the one Marti put in the report with just the 89 in the DSO?

It's what I would do if I could get away with it!

It's definitely had a respray, but it looks to be pretty close to the original color, since there aren't any obvious color differences in the door jambs, under the hood, etc. Well except for some rust of course ;)  Hard to be sure without anything to compare it to.

Is you door sticker like the one Marti put in the report with just the 89 in the DSO?
I *think* so, but now you have me second guessing myself so I'm gonna have to check when I get home from work.

It's what I would do if I could get away with it!

It's definitely had a respray, but it looks to be pretty close to the original color, since there aren't any obvious color differences in the door jambs, under the hood, etc. Well except for some rust of course ;)  Hard to be sure without anything to compare it to.

I *think* so, but now you have me second guessing myself so I'm gonna have to check when I get home from work.
After I look at the pic again it is Medium Brown Met.. My Mach 1 is also.

Back