71 Spring Special replica

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Spring Sports Coupe - Replica

[url=https://ibb.co/kyNcX0][img]https://preview.ibb.co/mWxBs0/2018-11-11-10-37-19.jpg[/img][/url]
Dear Sirs!

Recently completed restoration of 71.

I am from Ukraine, live in Germany. Didnt manage to find helpful community in eng language in Germany, so here i am :)

I have a 302 hardtop mostly rebuilt with aftermarket parts, i call it Spring Special replica.

Building this in original look and feel but some modification will follow such as brakes, heads and maybe LSD diff. A lot of plans to be fair...

Most of the video reports are in Russian, you can see in my youtube channel, latest video of this season here 

[video=youtube]

This season i managed to drive only around 200 miles as we finished the Pony in Sept and I traveled abroad a lot, and now it is below water freeze temp (we call it below zero) :(

Hope I can help some of you and get some informational support.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from Mississippi. Your Spring Special replica looks great and I'm sure it catches a lot of attention there! Glad you found us and decided to stay.  Welcome to your new Mustang home.   :welcome2:

Welcome from Illinois! +1 on the color - very nice.

Hello from Mississippi. Your Spring Special replica looks great and I'm sure it catches a lot of attention there! Glad you found us and decided to stay.  Welcome to your new Mustang home.   :welcome2:
You are right, attention is huge, ppl showing thumb up, drivers open windows to comment it etc. 

Reason is there is not many Classic americans in Berlin. I see 60th, 70th American cars on the street maybe once in 2 weeks.

Welcome from Illinois!  +1 on the color -  very nice.
I know it was a brave decision, but I am totally happy with my Yellow Pony color :)

I will add some bottom stripes like Eleanor had in 74` Gone in 60 sec movie.

Not sure what to do with the hood, do you guys think standard nasa hood black form will look good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from New Jersey,

Your car looks great, and being far from lots of parts sources, probably difficult to get things you may need. Best of luck and I am sure there will be many people with experience looking to help you out.

I am just starting on a 71 Coupe myself. Needs some attention; better than some project cars to start out with, but certainly not a good as yours.

Hello from New Jersey,

Your car looks great, and being far from lots of parts sources, probably difficult to get things you may need.  Best of luck and I am sure there will be many people with experience looking to help you out.  

I am just starting on a 71 Coupe myself.    Needs some attention; better than some project cars to start out with, but certainly not a good as yours.
Good luck! I started from pretty bad base myself.

Back