ITS HOT

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot and humid in SW PA! I hate it...too hot to do anything except soak up AC or swim!

Phoenix. We just dipped below 100 yesterday (projected high, I didn't check the actual). Been hovering arount the 107 range and the humidity has gone up during our monsoon season.

I'll be coming through k-town later this afternoon & camping/boating near Bristol the rest of the week. Maybe we can get together and debate white color codes as I droll over a custom colored silver car. :D

We are supposed to break a record here today in Northern Virginia; supposed to hit at least 100! To stay out of the heat this week I've been sorting through old boxes in the storage area of the basement and listing stuff on eBay. Mostly some old British parts and catalogs I saved.

I'll be coming through k-town later this afternoon & camping/boating near Bristol the rest of the week. Maybe we can get together and debate white color codes as I droll over a custom colored silver car. :D
Come on over. It is uncovered and in a mess but o'well its a work in progress

My daughter is at a soccer camp all week where they have three sessions each day. Yesterday she went thru 8 20oz gatorade bottles. The camp has changed the schedule to make the first session start earlier and they have shortened the afternoon session. The evening session starts at 7:30 PM, so tat is not to bad. I talked with my daughter this morning and she said that it was rough practicing yesterday in this heat (90 and humid).

Mike

Today will be Oklahoma City's 13th day in a row of heat at 100 or above.

When you factor in the heat index it feels like 115!

When an occaisonal cold front comes through, the temps drop into the 90's.

And I noticed the highs in Guadalajara, Mx have been in the low 80's...

Thank God for cold BEER! -and refrigerators!

Ray

I can't remember the last time we were under 100 for a daily high... I think it was sometime before Memorial Day (22nd or 23rd). I knew we were in trouble this year when we had 101.5 on April 18th.

Somedays we get the humidity with it as well (35-55%+). And we've had exactly 1 day that it rained (something like 3/4" over an hour or so).

Sorry guys - but I got no sympathy for the rest of the country's heatwave problems right now.

60 F out here in Seattle (I work next to Pike Place Market), major overcast, and a little drizzle. We'll take some of that sun. :(

Rich

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time we were under 100 for a daily high... I think it was sometime before Memorial Day (22nd or 23rd). I knew we were in trouble this year when we had 101.5 on April 18th.

Somedays we get the humidity with it as well (35-55%+). And we've had exactly 1 day that it rained (something like 3/4" over an hour or so).

Sorry guys - but I got no sympathy for the rest of the country's heatwave problems right now.
+1 I heard yesterday that there are three lakes in the state of Texas that are officially dry! Man we need some of that flood water bad! I am about to give up on my second hobby of keeping my plants and yard alive. I am making plans to try and save my catfish if my pond gets to low.16 straight at over 100, and night time low 80s.Dallas and Ft Worth are under exsteme heat advisories today and tommorrow.

It's up to 98 right now here in my part of Virginia, but what the weathermen call the "Humiture" or "Real Feel" with the humidity in 120 degrees. Over the years I've taken business trips to Arizona and Texas and although it was hot there it didn't feel as bad as it does here with the high humidity. Anyway, it's hot!

I have said it often in conversations with family and friends..."I wonder how folks persevered prior to AC." As a kid (I will be 65 this year), I do not recall it being this "hot."

That having been said, I was sitting out on my front porch a little bit ago, and a number of kids up the street were running around playing as if they were not really bothered by the heat:).

BT

I heard yesterday that there are three lakes in the state of Texas that are officially dry! Man we need some of that flood water bad! I am about to give up on my second hobby of keeping my plants and yard alive. I am making plans to try and save my catfish if my pond gets to low.16 straight at over 100, and night time low 80s.Dallas and Ft Worth are under exsteme heat advisories today and tommorrow.
One of our reservoirs, O.C. Fisher is officially at 1% capacity. Only the trench that feeds the pump house has any water in it.

I lost a 12-yr-old Arizona Ash in my back yard late last year... which is fine because it was right in the middle of where 'she' wants the pool anyway.

We are currently at 103... according to Intellicast, no changes in the current trend forecasted.

I don't buy into all that Man-made Global Warming hoo-ha. Sorry, but this summer (to me) looks and feels a lot like '95 or '96 when we had a major La Nina. It'll take a few years, but things will come back to normal.

I have a question: If we're undergoing so much man-made global warming, then why were the Mars rovers reporting similar spikes and temperatures that corresponded to trends observed here? Seems like the lowest common denominator would be the solar cycles that have been fluctuating 'normally.'

But ask any climate 'expert,' and they'll tell you that's not it. Whatever... science hasn't proven anything - we haven't been around long enough to know everything we think we know.

All I know is it's hot... and I'd rather be cold than hot. I can always stoke a fire or put on more clothes to stay warm... but there are only so many clothes you can take off to stay cool and still be socially acceptable.

box>

Back