ITS HOT

Tnfastbk

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix. We just dipped below 100 yesterday (projected high, I didn't check the actual). Been hovering arount the 107 range and the humidity has gone up during our monsoon season.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

I'll be coming through k-town later this afternoon & camping/boating near Bristol the rest of the week. Maybe we can get together and debate white color codes as I droll over a custom colored silver car. :D

spacer.png

We are supposed to break a record here today in Northern Virginia; supposed to hit at least 100! To stay out of the heat this week I've been sorting through old boxes in the storage area of the basement and listing stuff on eBay. Mostly some old British parts and catalogs I saved.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I'll be coming through k-town later this afternoon & camping/boating near Bristol the rest of the week. Maybe we can get together and debate white color codes as I droll over a custom colored silver car. :D

Come on over. It is uncovered and in a mess but o'well its a work in progress

My daughter is at a soccer camp all week where they have three sessions each day. Yesterday she went thru 8 20oz gatorade bottles. The camp has changed the schedule to make the first session start earlier and they have shortened the afternoon session. The evening session starts at 7:30 PM, so tat is not to bad. I talked with my daughter this morning and she said that it was rough practicing yesterday in this heat (90 and humid).

Mike

57_23_07_10_12_47_19.jpeg

White 1973 (351C stroked to 408, 4V, FMX) convertible with blue deluxe interior AC and power windows.

Mike

Irwin Pa (MCA # 52193)

Today will be Oklahoma City's 13th day in a row of heat at 100 or above.

When you factor in the heat index it feels like 115!

When an occaisonal cold front comes through, the temps drop into the 90's.

And I noticed the highs in Guadalajara, Mx have been in the low 80's...

Thank God for cold BEER! -and refrigerators!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

I can't remember the last time we were under 100 for a daily high... I think it was sometime before Memorial Day (22nd or 23rd). I knew we were in trouble this year when we had 101.5 on April 18th.

Somedays we get the humidity with it as well (35-55%+). And we've had exactly 1 day that it rained (something like 3/4" over an hour or so).

Sorry guys - but I got no sympathy for the rest of the country's heatwave problems right now.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Guest DragonKnight

60 F out here in Seattle (I work next to Pike Place Market), major overcast, and a little drizzle. We'll take some of that sun. :(

Rich

I can't remember the last time we were under 100 for a daily high... I think it was sometime before Memorial Day (22nd or 23rd). I knew we were in trouble this year when we had 101.5 on April 18th.

Somedays we get the humidity with it as well (35-55%+). And we've had exactly 1 day that it rained (something like 3/4" over an hour or so).

Sorry guys - but I got no sympathy for the rest of the country's heatwave problems right now.

+1 I heard yesterday that there are three lakes in the state of Texas that are officially dry! Man we need some of that flood water bad! I am about to give up on my second hobby of keeping my plants and yard alive. I am making plans to try and save my catfish if my pond gets to low.16 straight at over 100, and night time low 80s.Dallas and Ft Worth are under exsteme heat advisories today and tommorrow.

16kuyc0.jpg

It's up to 98 right now here in my part of Virginia, but what the weathermen call the "Humiture" or "Real Feel" with the humidity in 120 degrees. Over the years I've taken business trips to Arizona and Texas and although it was hot there it didn't feel as bad as it does here with the high humidity. Anyway, it's hot!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I have said it often in conversations with family and friends..."I wonder how folks persevered prior to AC." As a kid (I will be 65 this year), I do not recall it being this "hot."

That having been said, I was sitting out on my front porch a little bit ago, and a number of kids up the street were running around playing as if they were not really bothered by the heat:).

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

I heard yesterday that there are three lakes in the state of Texas that are officially dry! Man we need some of that flood water bad! I am about to give up on my second hobby of keeping my plants and yard alive. I am making plans to try and save my catfish if my pond gets to low.16 straight at over 100, and night time low 80s.Dallas and Ft Worth are under exsteme heat advisories today and tommorrow.

One of our reservoirs, O.C. Fisher is officially at 1% capacity. Only the trench that feeds the pump house has any water in it.

I lost a 12-yr-old Arizona Ash in my back yard late last year... which is fine because it was right in the middle of where 'she' wants the pool anyway.

We are currently at 103... according to Intellicast, no changes in the current trend forecasted.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I don't buy into all that Man-made Global Warming hoo-ha. Sorry, but this summer (to me) looks and feels a lot like '95 or '96 when we had a major La Nina. It'll take a few years, but things will come back to normal.

I have a question: If we're undergoing so much man-made global warming, then why were the Mars rovers reporting similar spikes and temperatures that corresponded to trends observed here? Seems like the lowest common denominator would be the solar cycles that have been fluctuating 'normally.'

But ask any climate 'expert,' and they'll tell you that's not it. Whatever... science hasn't proven anything - we haven't been around long enough to know everything we think we know.

All I know is it's hot... and I'd rather be cold than hot. I can always stoke a fire or put on more clothes to stay warm... but there are only so many clothes you can take off to stay cool and still be socially acceptable.

box>

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I'm with you here brother! And, I thought your quote below was excellent!

"we haven't been around long enough to know everything we think we know."

I do know that our "quality" of life is far superior to anything in the past, thanks to technology, electricity, fuel, etc...

115 heat index Monday. 105 today. 83 degree the next 2 days then hot and humid again.:(

My garage http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=40

73 mach 1 351c 4v cc ported, torker2, 750 edelbrock,C6.

73 fastback 351c 2v,performer intake,600 edelbrock,fmx, 325 trac-lok.

Wanted some Ice cream but looks doubtful:@

must have been a Cheby...they can't stand the heat!

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Today in southeast Wisconsin it was a high of 70 with 60% humidity. Not what a lot of you would call hot but it's supposed to get hotter by the weekend, which is fun for working on the mustang.

Jayson

504x177https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4398/36319488731_8f2a376549_z.jpg[/img]

73 Mach 1 Mustang

89 Dodge Shadow ES

94 Jeep Wrangler