Ford Mustang 1972 5.0 V8

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stang1972

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang 1972 5.0 V8
Hello to all Members :) 

We bought this 1972 Fastback 5.0 V8 a few years ago from the UK.

The car was a abandoned project with all parts in boxes.

Last year we done the welding and this year we finished painting it.

We will have a few questions regarding the parts we need to buy and how to install them.

But first we will go throught the threads on the forum :angel:

Greetings from Europe.

Welcome. Not sure what stage the car is in now (just see Booth photos). You can research anything on the internet - just view three things and pick the right info! For example - have a look at the SIDE BLACK trim Paint on a 71-73 in photos. The photos you show are STRAIGHT across the bottom - GM style. Maybe you have corrected , maybe you want it that way - but a great example of how you have to learn.

I see you went thru lots of restoration, the tail panel, trunk floor pan just to name two I see right away... (kuz I need do them too) lots of work already done for sure!

Its gonna be a nice ride!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands

Thats what im after.

I have straight hood, no scoops.

Welcome.  Not sure what stage the car is in now (just see Booth photos).    You can research anything on the internet - just view three things and pick the right info!    For example - have a look at the SIDE BLACK trim Paint on a 71-73 in photos.     The photos you show are STRAIGHT across the bottom - GM style.   Maybe you have corrected , maybe you want it that way - but a great example of how you have to learn.

Thats what im after.

I have a straight hood, no scoops.

Welcome to the forum. Maybe should have got on a little sooner.

The black looks to be too shiny for the Decor Group or Mach 1. There is a path you have to mask off in the door opening to be correct also.

Nice paint booth you are in.

Cheers,

Welcome to the forum. Maybe should have got on a little sooner.

The black looks to be too shiny for the Decor Group or Mach 1. There is a path you have to mask off in the door opening to be correct also.

Nice paint booth you are in.

Cheers,

The "shiny" part will go away,but it will be protected by clearcoat. You can always make it mat with a spray.

Back