anyone added a coolant reservoir?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1460

Reaction score
My Car
72 mach 1
Driving my 72 around this weekend, not over heating but its real warm here 90's.

Spitting out a little coolant from radiator coolant reservoir port.

I know we didn't get them from the factory but has anyone added one? Aftermarket or off another vehicle? Thanks

Mine still has the overflow hose and slobbers some coolant every now and then. I have seen some tanks on 71-73's at shows. I don't think I will ever do it though.

I took a plastic tank off of some other Ford car at a junkyard and put it where my windshield washer reservoir used to be. I'll probably get a cool shiny overflow tube at some point and mount it in front of the radiator support, over by a headlight.

Yea I don't really want to, thought if someone had found one that maybe looked ok. I'm sure ill need one if I ever get around to the drag strip tho.

I got one off a Ford Truck. Combo Overflow/WWash. Looks like the stock WWash and even says Ford on it. If you didn't know better you would swear it was stock. You can see it in this pic on the far firewall.

8e8bd4b2d888ae58e4ac71864bf72a1c_1577.jpg

Looks just like the one in my 92 bronco. Cool, it does look stock. Thanks.

H code, when you say equalize you mean it wull spit coolant till the level is low enough not to boil over?

Back