Another 72 Mach 1 Q code project on E bay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one of those that can be fixed but not worth being fixed. You would have 50,000 - $80,000 in a full restore depending on how much work you do and it would be worth less than $35,000. Remember the crowd looking for this model is dying off.
Hey ... look at that air cleaner

Lots of good stuff there

Another one of those that can be fixed but not worth being fixed. You would have 50,000 - $80,000 in a full restore depending on how much work you do and it would be worth less than $35,000. Remember the crowd looking for this model is dying off.
It was certainly worth saving (looked like it was in better shape than mine when I started), but you're right - it would take a lot of time, money, and effort to do so.

I don't believe the 60's and 70's musclecar crowd is dying off just yet. That old Mark Twain quote was "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated". lol David I believe you are in your mid-60's or so? I'm 55 and I am still really into these cars. I know there are guys at least five and possibly as much as ten years younger than me also into 60's and 70's musclecars. I might agree that the crowd who were primarily into 40's and 50's US cars are dying off. Seems to me the prices of '55 to '57 Chevrolets went crazy, leveled off, and have decreased in recent years. Plus I keep reading and hearing that the collector car market is down in general right now. I still have a number of cars I want to go after, including another late 60's GTO, a Ferrari Testarossa, and possibly even a 50's US car yet to be determined. My father in law is around 73 and he has restored 40's and 50's US cars as a side hobby for many years, then selling the cars and parts at his stand at Carlisle. He spoke recently of getting away from doing this, says he's too old to be crawling around under cars, and if one of his final projects is just the right car I might bite the bullet. Maybe something a bit odd like a Hudson Hornet...

Little older than you think. I will be 71 in March. When they did scan of my spine I am pretty much worn out. If you fix one then the next will pop so not going to do anything just let it run it's course.

When I go to shows, and I did 10 this year, the people there are all older gray headed and very few young guys. They want the new cars with two or three times the HP we can get from these cars and they will last much longer. They like the black boxes not the big valves, lol.

The info that Hagarty sends me also looks like big drop in popularity for sure.

So I am going to try to get the 73 going to put in the MOM and might just give it to them. The owner of the NPD store in Charlotte wants it also. Will see how it goes.

The price of gas sucks.

Back