New member from western Mass.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke17

Reaction score
My Car
1973 coupe
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is John (slowpoke17). I was looking for a project to work on when I retire soon. I recently purchased a low mileage (57k) 1973 base coupe. Car is yellow with white interior, fairly solid with a couple of rusted areas. Last registered in 2001 and probably stored indoors its whole life by the looks of it. I was looking for a forum to help me with future restoration for this car and thought this would be an ideal spot based on your name. The car was partially dismantled, the engine was placed back in the engine bay but nothing was connected. Tranny is in the trunk and I have a box of wires, fuel and brake lines and vacuum tubes! 

I've had it a couple of months now, ended up pulling the motor back out and after some inspection I decided to replace the motor with a stock rebuilt one. Been working on that and now its almost done. Just need some help soon with vacuum lines and electrical diagrams as they pulled everything off. I just order the 5 volume set for 1973 Fords, I'm hoping it has some good diagrams as well to help me figure out what goes where. I'm pretty good at removing, tagging, photographing and any other documentation needed to get it all back together but unfortunately as I didn't take this one apart it may be a challenge. The price was right so I thought I'd try and get it back on the road. 

I'm going to be asking for a lot of help! Looking forward to the new adventure.

Welcome from Iowa. Post up some pics of the car. Congrats on the purchase and pending retirement. If you clock the mustang data at the top there are wiring diagrams in there. You came to the right place. A lot of knowledge on here.

Thanks for the welcoming. I have a few pictures, haven't done anything on the body but will be asking many questions on how to replace my front aprons. I did get a rebuilt engine, I just finished painting it and adding all the accessories to it. Just need some electrical and vacuum line diagrams.

Back