Mach1 rear bumper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tawod

Reaction score
My Car
2008 Bullitt
2019 Bullitt
1973 Mustang Mach1 351C

Hi, 

would you guys be able to help me with a particular part, that I can't find a name of (see attachment). It is the 17808 one, from the '73 manual. 

Ideally, I would want to buy it new. Any help would be appreciated .

I do have a spare one----I was fortunate to find an NOS one for my car--pricey, but did the trick. My spare is in excellent shape---needs some sanding and a coat r primer....

Anthony

I don't think this "73 only" rear stone reflector is being reproduced. At Least It wasn't when I needed it.

Unless you respect originality, you might find more easy to buy new 71-72 brackets and quarter extensions than this part.

The bumper will be closer the tail panel, as on all 71-72.

If the one on the top pict is yours, as you see only a small part of it once its installed, it could be easily saved.

I've seen them really twisted/crushed after a hit and this one would need just a bit of love to look perfectly fine.

If you respect originality, while you wait to find a used one in good shape, you could fold a 3mm aluminium plate, with some round cuts made to mimic the original,

no one could tell its not the original. I have mine waiting for paint, if you want to reproduce yourself and need detailed picts/measure, let me know.

EDIT:

@arursini posted at same moment as I did.

I'd say: contact @arursini and buy it, as these are not often for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that it is called a rear stone deflector.
Thanks, it looks like it was not a standard and there was not too many cars equiped with this.

I don't think this "73 only" rear stone reflector is being reproduced. At Least It wasn't when I needed it.

Unless you respect originality, you might find more easy to buy new 71-72 brackets and quarter extensions than this part.

The bumper will be closer the tail panel, as on all 71-72.

If the one on the top pict is yours, as you see only a small part of it once its installed, it could be easily saved.

I've seen them really twisted/crushed after a hit and this one would need just a bit of love to look perfectly fine.

If you respect originality, while you wait to find a used one in good shape, you could fold a 3mm aluminium plate, with some round cuts made to mimic the original,

no one could tell its not the original. I have mine waiting for paint, if you want to reproduce yourself and need detailed picts/measure, let me know.
Yeah it is mine, and in that case I will indeed put some love into it to renovate the original. Thanks so much for the input though, much appreciated.

I can check on Saturday. I think I have a couple of good ones.

All 73 verts, coupes, fastback and Mach 1 used that panel so should be easy to find. If Ohio does not have it check with Scotty Strickland, friend him on Facebook. He has a Mustang junk yard in N.C. will probably have one.

Finding all the stuff to convert to a 71 72 will cost more than just finding a good 73. You have to weld up the holes in the quarters also for the rubber fillers and the holes across the tail light panel.

I do have a couple

Will it need to be shipped to Poland- postage will be more than the part

hehehe looks like it rains 73 rear stone reflectors here!

Where were you when I needed you!? :)
Hey ... I was right here, I have been here since July of 2010 when Rooketfoot started the site :D :D :D

Back