Mach1 rear bumper

tawod

20181214-152727.jpg

20181214-200218.jpg

Hi, 

would you guys be able to help me with a particular part, that I can't find a name of (see attachment). It is the 17808 one, from the '73 manual. 

Ideally, I would want to buy it new. Any help would be appreciated .

I do have a spare one----I was fortunate to find an NOS one for my car--pricey, but did the trick. My spare is in excellent shape---needs some sanding and a coat r primer....

Anthony

20181214-135544.jpg

20181214-135551.jpg

I don't think this "73 only" rear stone reflector is being reproduced. At Least It wasn't when I needed it.

Unless you respect originality, you might find more easy to buy new 71-72 brackets and quarter extensions than this part.

The bumper will be closer the tail panel, as on all 71-72.

If the one on the top pict is yours, as you see only a small part of it once its installed, it could be easily saved.

I've seen them really twisted/crushed after a hit and this one would need just a bit of love to look perfectly fine.

If you respect originality, while you wait to find a used one in good shape, you could fold a 3mm aluminium plate, with some round cuts made to mimic the original,

no one could tell its not the original. I have mine waiting for paint, if you want to reproduce yourself and need detailed picts/measure, let me know.

EDIT:

@arursini posted at same moment as I did.

I'd say: contact @arursini and buy it, as these are not often for sale.

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

I believe that it is called a rear stone deflector.

Thanks, it looks like it was not a standard and there was not too many cars equiped with this.

I don't think this "73 only" rear stone reflector is being reproduced. At Least It wasn't when I needed it.

Unless you respect originality, you might find more easy to buy new 71-72 brackets and quarter extensions than this part.

The bumper will be closer the tail panel, as on all 71-72.

If the one on the top pict is yours, as you see only a small part of it once its installed, it could be easily saved.

I've seen them really twisted/crushed after a hit and this one would need just a bit of love to look perfectly fine.

If you respect originality, while you wait to find a used one in good shape, you could fold a 3mm aluminium plate, with some round cuts made to mimic the original,

no one could tell its not the original. I have mine waiting for paint, if you want to reproduce yourself and need detailed picts/measure, let me know.

Yeah it is mine, and in that case I will indeed put some love into it to renovate the original. Thanks so much for the input though, much appreciated.

All 73 verts, coupes, fastback and Mach 1 used that panel so should be easy to find. If Ohio does not have it check with Scotty Strickland, friend him on Facebook. He has a Mustang junk yard in N.C. will probably have one.

Finding all the stuff to convert to a 71 72 will cost more than just finding a good 73. You have to weld up the holes in the quarters also for the rubber fillers and the holes across the tail light panel.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

hehehe looks like it rains 73 rear stone reflectors here!

Where were you when I needed you!? :)

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

hehehe looks like it rains 73 rear stone reflectors here!

Where were you when I needed you!? :)

Hey ... I was right here, I have been here since July of 2010 when Rooketfoot started the site :D :D :D