Heater duct install

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73429mach

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
1972 Mustang Mach 1 under construction
I’m starting to install the heater and ducts, what is supposed to hold the duct to the heater duct assembly. There are holes but nothing to go in them? Is there some kind of clips? Thanks, Ryan View attachment 41080View attachment 41081

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m starting to install the heater and ducts, what is supposed to hold the duct to the heater duct assembly. There are holes but nothing to go in them? Is there some kind of clips? Thanks, Ryan
Sort of a metal push in rivet thing.  Round button head and metal spring type point like a molly without the screw feature

I’m starting to install the heater and ducts, what is supposed to hold the duct to the heater duct assembly. There are holes but nothing to go in them? Is there some kind of clips? Thanks, Ryan
Sort of a metal push in rivet thing.  Round button head and metal spring type point like a molly without the screw feature
Here is what I used similar to metal originals and worked perfect. This is example only make sure you get proper size.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-45479?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-dorman&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxJ_7uYS13wIVi7rACh0Q8w-8EAQYASABEgJ3ePD_BwE

chrome_2018-12-23_05-54-53.png

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I bought the push in style interior fasteners, works great! Thanks again, Ryan.

Back