Mustang Memories 2019 Car Show

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
As no-one else has yet posted the date for the 2019 Mustang Memories All Ford car show at the Ford World HQ in Dearborn, I thought I'd pull the trigger and post it.

I did get the date confirmed by the MOCSEM.

I attended this show for the first time last year and had a great day, I highly recommend going. The only downside for me was dealing with typical Michigan rough roads and crazy drivers with no respect for classic cars!! Only the weather will keep me away for this show.

Geoff.

I hear you about the idiots driving around here and the bad roads. I usually try to go to a weekly cruise in on Monday’s and both of those factors have kept me from going. Plus, look what happened to me a couple months ago. Got ran off the road and hit a utility pole. That sucked but I’m getting my car all repaired.

Anyway, I am really thinking about going this year. If it’s the day after the dream cruise it will be tough, but I sure would like to check it out and meet you and maybe some other members from the site too. So if the weather is good I will definitely plan on going.

I will definitely be there!

What about meeting for dinner at Fords Garage afterwards?

For those in the Detroit area we could also meet during the week at Woodward for a night time cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will definitely be there!

What about meeting for dinner at Fords Garage afterwards?

For those in the Detroit area we could also meet during the week at Woodward for a night time cruise.

I would really like to meet up with you guys.

Not sure where Fords Garage is, but that sounds good.

I would really like to meet up during the week. On the day of the cruise I park on Woodward just south of 11 mile. It’s really hard to drive that day so we just stay there. But during the week you can actually cruise around. Hopefully we have good weather! 

I did see Tnfastback last year, but was only able to say a quick hello.

I usually park on the east side of Woodward across from the cemetery just north of the Thai restaurant. Set of double lights just north of us which slows down traffic enough to get a good look at everything.

Fords Garage just on Michigan Ave just west of Southfield. Less than 2 miles from the Show and plenty of parking.

I hear you about the idiots driving around here and the bad roads. I usually try to go to a weekly cruise in on Monday’s and both of those factors have kept me from going. Plus, look what happened to me a couple months ago. Got ran off the road and hit a utility pole. That sucked but I’m getting my car all repaired.

Anyway, I am really thinking about going this year. If it’s the day after the dream cruise it will be tough, but I sure would like to check it out and meet you and maybe some other members from the site too. So if the weather is good I will definitely plan on going.
 I would think it IS the day after Woodward D/C, it was last year.

As for roads, last year I decided to take the longer way around from the bridge, I 96 to Southfield, got lost at the Michigan Ave junction, bad sign posting!! On the way home, Southfield was down to one freakin lane all the way to I 96, no road works, but the hammer lane was closed off, almost got hit at least three times. Still, probably better than taking Michigan Ave all the way.

Hope to see you and others there.

Geoff.

I usually park on the east side of Woodward across from the cemetery just north of the Thai restaurant.  Set of double lights just north of us which slows down traffic enough to get a good look at everything.

Fords Garage just on Michigan Ave just west of Southfield.  Less than 2 miles from the Show and plenty of parking.

Mark, sounds like a good idea. It would depend on if I'm on my own or with others, but I'll keep it in mind. We have lots of time to plan.

I may be meeting the guy I bought my car from. He now lives abroad, but has always wanted to go to the Ford Museum and is hoping to make the trip.

Let's just hope Mother Nature co-operates!

Geoff.

As for roads, last year I decided to take the longer way around from the bridge, I 96 to Southfield, got lost at the Michigan Ave junction, bad sign posting!! On the way home, Southfield was down to one freakin lane all the way to I 96, no road works, but the hammer lane was closed off, almost got hit at least three times. Still, probably better than taking Michigan Ave all the way.

Geoff.
I just checked and it’s the day after the cruise.

Well Jeff, at least they have been doing a lot of road work. So maybe by then you will have a better drive.

I usually park on the east side of Woodward across from the cemetery just north of the Thai restaurant.  Set of double lights just north of us which slows down traffic enough to get a good look at everything.

Fords Garage just on Michigan Ave just west of Southfield.  Less than 2 miles from the Show and plenty of parking.

I park on the east side as well.

Not sure what cemetery you mean, 13 mile area? I’m guessing I don’t really remember where everything is.

Geoff.
I just checked and it’s the day after the cruise.

Well Jeff, at least they have been doing a lot of road work. So maybe by then you will have a better drive.
 A better drive on Michigan roads!!! Now that would be nice. The suspension on my Mustang is way too firm for anything other than good roads.

Geoff.

I usually take a trip to S.E. Michigan in the summer to see friends and family so maybe I can do the dream cruise and this show. I would trailer the Sprint coupe up there. Don’t know if I trust it going that far.

No a/c, no OD, no FM, fuel gauge off and p/s pump replacement in the future. I think I would have my work cut out for me.  I have done crazier things before so we’ll see.
 If you feel more comfortable trailering it, then that's the way to go. Getting there is the most important thing.

No a/c on a long trip might be the worst of the issues, if for no other reason than not being able to keep the windows rolled up, too much road noise!

Geoff.

No a/c, no OD, no FM, fuel gauge off and p/s pump replacement in the future. I think I would have my work cut out for me.  I have done crazier things before so we’ll see.
I like to drive with the windows down, rarely, if ever use the AC on an old 'Stang. These car's aren't the least bit noise proof to begin with, so go with the flow... No FM, would be more of a concern on a long drive, many alternative options for music available. P/S, and fuel gauge, yes get that sorted out...

Sounds like we may have a good showing this year!

My advice for out of towners is to come a few days early and enjoy the cruising on the weeknights and then park in mustang alley on Saturday and walk around.

My advice for out of towners is to come a few days early and enjoy the cruising on the weeknights and then park in mustang alley on Saturday and walk around.
…… Then go to the Ford World HQ for the All Ford Show on Sunday.

Sorry Mark, just had to finish your sentence!

All the best,

Geoff.

Back