timing light

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
I need a new timing light. I used mine on a Chevrolet yesterday and it died, really. I haven't looked for timing light in a long time so I'asking for input on what works well. Must work with points, electronic ignition, and Multiple spark capacitive discharge ignition. Dial back would be nice although I rarely use it. I see some have a tach as well. That would be nice also if it is reasonably accurate. All input appreciated. Thanks, Chuck

Ferret Instruments used to be the hot ticket, they were what Mac Tools rebranded. Some of the reviews online indicate that they are no longer around.

So, if you happen to come across a used Ferret light I wouldn't hesitate if it was cheap.

I got the Inova Pro, it does everything and has digital tach. Seems to work well. About 100 bucks online & comes in a plastic case.
Ditto... Innova Pro for me as well. Nice piece at a reasonable price.

Chuck, I bought an Innova 3568a. May be a bit below the Pro, no case either, but works well. The tach matches pretty close to the Rocketman tach in the car. I suggest a Google search.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back