Can't post text on Apple mobile devices

luxstang

Question

I can't post text on either my iPhone or my iPad. 

I type it and when I tap "Post Thread" my text disappears and I get an error message that my text is missing.

I don't use Tapatalk (hate it!) but I just use the site "as is". 

Everything else seems to work fine, I can read posts and treads and even do some moderating stuff etc.

This has been going on for e few weeks btw, I just noticed it again when I tried to send some seasons greetings from my iPad yesterday.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

21 answers to this question

I am having no problems with being on the site with my iPad. I can post pics and everything. The only thing I haven’t figured out how to do is to copy and paste a link to a website. I can no problem from my computer, but I have no idea how to do it from my iPad. Other than that it’s great to use the iPad. I can just sit on the couch or I can take it out to the garage.

Hope you can find a way to make it work.

John - 72 Q Code

4776-B82-D-107-A-477-E-B0-D0-94320-CC9-B1-D5.jpg

Above is a screen shot showing the floating hot links circled in red.

Got to toss this out there...

I’m used to the quarks of the site.  I know that I dam well better type it at least somewhat correctly the first time, as whatever wording I want to edit will surely be under some mystery white hot link.  If I dare to move the cursor anywhere in the text box it is like Russian roulette as to if I will be able to place the cursor where I want in the text box, or be swept away by some mystery white hotlink to some part of the website that is not where I want to go.

Make it more challenging.  

Occasionally I spew out a string of profanity and wait until I get back to a proper desktop computer to do whatever I was trying to do.

Now I know I could download tap talk and things would probably be better, but at this point I am acclimated to the disfunction of participating on this site from an Apple product.

@luxstang, my iphone is running on IOS 12.1.2 and posted to this thread above, have never tried to post using IOS before so I do not know if the previous version had issues or not. I just updated to 12.1.2 a couple of days ago when the update became available. Good luck figuring it out.

Tom

That was in response to Bentworker's post (#3). Some of the links at the top of the page are white letters and on top of other links. It just does it when my tablet is in portrait orientation and not landscape.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

I prefer to use my desktop, just use my tablet for quick check in. I never use my tablet or phone for ordering or banking.

--Albert Einstein

Wow.  Am I the only weirdo that still uses my PC exclusively for online stuff?   :-/

I'm a fellow Luddite: I work solely on a computer. 

When the Hurricane Michael hit, all telecommunications went out.  Cell phone service came back about 5 days later, but only for phone calls.  A few days later, data came back.  9 weeks after the storm, I finally got Internet back.  Working on a cell phone is not efficient.  I need to upgrade to a flip phone...

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

cactus.jpg.92e5d9d8700abc0ed60c8ccb3426248e.jpg

That sounds very interesting. Do you know the name of the app you're using? I just looked online and there are a bunch of them. SkEye sounds like it might be a good one.

Talk about cheap tablets, mine is from WalMart, RCA with a keyboard, $89 last year, just WiFi connection.

--Albert Einstein

Wow.  Am I the only weirdo that still uses my PC exclusively for online stuff?   :-/

I'm a fellow Luddite: I work solely on a computer. 

When the Hurricane Michael hit, all telecommunications went out.  Cell phone service came back about 5 days later, but only for phone calls.  A few days later, data came back.  9 weeks after the storm, I finally got Internet back.  Working on a cell phone is not efficient.  I need to upgrade to a flip phone...

I'm not exactly a Luddite - I do computer security for the Air Force, in a secure area.  So basically, I can't take my cell phone into work, so it must burn up in the center console in the West Texas sun for 10 hours a day.  Couldn't see buying a several hundred dollar phone and pay for a data plan I can't really use - all that extra money would've cut into the Mustang fund.  :cool:

I actually even own an HP Slate 7 tablet.  Technically though, it's part of the Edelbrock E-Street fuel injection system.   :whistling:

I used it one weekend for all online stuff and found out that I hate it.  The two biggest issues I have are that I can't type 60wpm with my thumbs [i can normally bust that out on a good day], and I'm that guy who will lose my mind because of fingerprints on the screen.

When you get a flipper, pony up for a ruggedized phone - it'll outlast a normal flipper by far.  Mine's even been in the pool a few times and still works like a champ.  Try that with an iPhone Galaxy.  LOL!   rofl

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I might add that my iPhone and iPad use different releases of iOS. I never update my phone as it always screws something so the software is pretty old. My iPad is quite new so its iOS is the latest version.

So the problem is not related to a particular release of iOS.

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

And I just found out that I can post quick replies (just typed this one on my iPad) and private messages. It seems it only doesn’t work with the “full” text box when opening a new thread.

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

Nope!

Keeping Technology real......