hooker headers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

164runner

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach1, medium blue, 351 C-6
73 mach 1 351c 2v, c-6 auto. this is the second set of headers. first set was dougs and they hit the clam shell motor mounts on both sides. I have since changed the motor mounts and frame brackets to the 71-72 ones. just installed the hooker headers, pass side is so close to the trans pan that it can not be removed and collector is too close to trans causing excess heat to the trans. only thing I know to do is 1 heat the tubes and pull the collector over, 2 cut the collector off at a small angle turn it 180 and reweld it back on, 3 send headers back and put manifolds back on. if car had c-4, fmx, or 4 speed it would not be a problem. any one have suggestions ?

:chin:

Can you insulate the headers where it is close to the trans, or insulate the area of the pan that faces the header? There are several commercial options out there that may work.

I had a set of Hookers with my C6 and did not have issues, but they were ceramic coated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
4 - put a 6 foot long pipe into the collector and pull toward the passenger side.

FWIW, I ran the Hookers in a 70 Torino with a 351-4V/C-6. Did not have any heat related issues from the headers being so close. I grenaded one of the sun gears and getting it out was a trick, but with a little pipe persuasion it slid right out.

Buy the headman headers they do not curve back in toward the trans like the hookers.
call headman headers, they do not list anything with the 351c, c-6 trans combo

Latest posts

Back