Kickdown rod/cable

I have a 302 2v which was upgraded to a 4v by prior owner.  We just noticed there is no kickdown rod/cable attached.  I recently purchased a Holley 4v to replace the Carter the prior owner attached.  we have all of the required Lokar cables.  My question is whether or not the outer link to the kickdown

DSCN2810.jpg

DSC-3085.jpg

was removed or was an inner component taken out where I need to go into the trans?  Not my forte, but concerned.

Thank you for your assistance and the photo.

It truly helps me in understanding the next step I need to take.

if you use the Lokar kit, keep in mind they make excellent cables but their brackets are bad jokes.

The KD kits they offer for FMX is ridiculously wrong and the "High tech" for c4 and c6 are better but the cable is exposed way too much.

For the FMX, i've posted a pdf of the bracket that is really required (in sniper install thread) and for the c4/c6, the base of the bracket is ok, but should be modified to have the cable exposed outside the sleeve just about the length it travels vs the +-3 inches too long that their kit creates .

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Thank you for the reply. Someone else told me that the bracket can move. The bracket connects to the driver's side rear bolt and cannot be tightened down beyond its specified torque.

Dan

You should be able to tighten it using a serrated washer (if it's no provided), that should prevent it to turn while you torque.

You could also make your own bracket that is using 2 bolts vs one like I did. Then you'd fix the torque (and potentially getting loose) issue and the sleeve being way too far.

I will face the same prob when i'll be working on my c6, so please share your findings when you done.

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )