• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

interior door parts 1973 - FOUND

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
work in progress
302 automatic
[url=https://ibb.co/cwk3bw3][img]https://i.ibb.co/DYzWGYW/IMG-3420.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://statewideinventory.org/used-cars]statewide auto sun valley[/url]
1973 mach 1

Need the RIGHT interior door handle assemble that bolts to the door, I have the deluxe interior.  Pic one is of the assemble I have which is missing the tab the handle bolts to.  Pic 2 is of the LEFT assemble which is good, has tab.

Also need the springs and washers that go behind window crank.

Send email to [email protected] if you have all the items w/shipping to Louisville, KY 40228.

thanks

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
are those parts different on deluxe vs standard interior> I cant remember

are those parts different on deluxe vs standard interior> I cant remember
Pretty sure they are but I'm not certain.  If I bolt the chrome handle to the one on the right w/o the tab it's too high and rubs armrest.  The tab lowers the handle and allows it to open w/o rubbing.

Bob

As already posted the inside door control assy is different between the standard and deluxe door panel. To my knowledge neither one is being reproduced. The standard control is easier to find since it was sourced from the 71-72 full size Ford and was also used on many other Ford and Mercury models. The deluxe control is a little tougher to find since it was unique to the 71-73 Mustang and Cougar.

Unless a forum member happens to have some looking for a new home, I would check with Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike @ Motor City Mustang. Both are Forum members/vendors and have parts cars. You could also check with them about the window handle springs and washers you were looking for.  

If you want to try your luck searching online you can Google the following part numbers. The first is the original number (for the passenger side) and the others are the replacements in order they were released by Ford. D1ZZ-6521818-A, r/b D1ZZ-6521818-B, r/b D2ZZ-6521818-A, r/b D2ZZ-6521818-B

Good luck with your project!

1973 mach 1

Need the RIGHT interior door handle assemble that bolts to the door, I have the deluxe interior.  Pic one is of the assemble I have which is missing the tab the handle bolts to.  Pic 2 is of the LEFT assemble which is good, has tab.

Send email to [email protected] if you have all the items w/shipping to Louisville, KY 40228.

thanks

Bob

Bob, I should have all three of those. Let me run down the garage tomorrow and get you a picture.

1973 mach 1

thanks

Bob

Bob, I should have all three of those. Let me run down the garage tomorrow and get you a picture.
Bob,  Here is a picture of the door handle bracket, spring and the white washer that goes behind the window crank.

1973 mach 1

thanks

Bob

Bob,  Here is a picture of the door handle bracket, spring and the white washer that goes behind the window crank.

What is price for (1) handle (2) springs (2) washer w/shipping to 40228?  I've already ordered one handle assy but may be able to cancel it. 

Thanks

Bob

1973 mach 1

thanks

Bob

I wish I had known this six months ago - before I chopped the door panel cups and drilled the handles to fix this problem.  Mr Motor City Mustangs - how do I contact you without opening an ebay account ? Do you have direct email ? 

Need to ask you about the two of these bracket pieces plus other bits also.

PKJ

I wish I had known this six months ago - before I chopped the door panel cups and drilled the handles to fix this problem.  Mr Motor City Mustangs - how do I contact you without opening an ebay account ? Do you have direct email ? 
Need to ask you about the two of these bracket pieces plus other bits also.

PKJ
You can email me at [email protected].   Always happy to help out.

Back