Shaker install

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davehoser

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Hi 

I’m thinking about installing a shaker hood to my 73 Mach 1, 351 Cleveland.

Has anyone installed one on a Mach 1?

Thanks 

Dave

I've not seen a shaker in person on a 71-73, but Ford did explore the option in prototype stage. I have seen the 68-70 turn signal scoop done. Neither one looks right at all on these cars.

3.jpg

Great photo Hemikiller. Guess I'm just so used to seeing the Shaker on a 69-70 Mustang it just looks strange poking through the hood on a 71-73.

And...Just to give you a good ideal of how early the designers and engineers actually start working on the next new model, check out the date placard next to the car on Hemikiller's photo.   3/28/69!!

Gives you a chance to see things your glad didn't make it into production.    :D

Kinda feel like the hood would be too long for a shaker. They look a million dollars on some cars, not so much on others. Just my thoughts. If you like it then go for it.

I'm with the post above. I really think the scoop of the shaker assembly is to small to look good. But it might be worth a try.

Back