Door sill area

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code
Can someone tell me if there’s supposed to body color between the blackout and the door sill plate for 72, or does the black go all the way up to it? I think it got changed for 72 and the blackout goes up to the door sill plate and covers the entire length rocker panel. Thank’s guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone tell me if there’s supposed to body color between the blackout and the door sill plate for 72, or does the black go all the way up to it? I think it got changed for 72 and the blackout goes up to the door sill plate and covers the entire length rocker panel. Thank’s guys!
I should have done a little more searching. I found out the answer, thanks to bkdunha’s build thread.

E1CF9751-ADC6-4CFF-ABDD-BB5C17E62199.jpeg

I guess you are talking about Decor Group or Mach 1 lower black out? I have a 72 vert and 73 vert with Decor Group. I will have to go take some pictures none on the computer. Maybe late today.
Yes that’s what I meant. But thanks, I found out the correct info so no need to get any pics.

Back