New guy from Texas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Q Code barn find, 72 R code project
Just found this forum. I’ve been out of the 71-73 world since I sold my 72 351HO back in 2007. I just picked up a 72 Q code, C6 A/C car. It is pretty complete, minimal rust.  But needs a lot of attention. 

I’ve already learned a few things from the forum. Lots of enthusiasm here.

Just found this forum. I’ve been out of the 71-73 world since I sold my 72 351HO back in 2007. I just picked up a 72 Q code, C6 A/C car. It is pretty complete, minimal rust.  But needs a lot of attention. 

I’ve already learned a few things from the forum. Lots of enthusiasm here.
Welcome fellow Texan from Houston.  Post some pics and let us know whacha gotta do.

Hello from Mississippi.

Glad you stopped by and decided to stay!  When you get a chance please tell us some more about yourself, the 72 Ho that got away and your present Q code car. And we are also a big fan of pictures.

Welcome to your new Mustang home.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

I met you at Texas World CVAR or Corinthian race. Can you say Love Bugs!

I know you have many road racing pics of your old HO.

Still teaching?

Anyway - You're gonna like it here.

Ray

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I do recall some love bugs at TWS. Made a mess of the car. Th HO may return to my garage this year. Spoke with the guy I sold it to last week.....details pending.

The Q code is mostly original, missing only exhaust manifolds. It needs restored though. Not really a driver yet. My plan is to get it running properly: brakes, belts, fluids, etc. I’ve removed the front suspension and will replace it with the recently removed front suspension off my Boss 302 T/A replica. Going to detail the inner fender areas. Add new brake lines and general tart up. Will probably just change the leaf spring bushings and shocks in back. Then upgrade the interior. I have some left over 69 Mach 1 carpet with the red inserts going in. Changing the interior from ginger to black.

The original color is 5H medium ginger/brown metallic. Not going to paint it brown. It’s currently a non FOMOCO red w/ gold metallic. I had a 68 torino with the same paint, I think. Bonus. It has a hideous frenched in power antenna. I’m not motivated to paint it now. Once I get it driving for a while, I may take it al apart for a proper resto in 2020.

The car has very little rust. Found one small area in the shock tower low. The battery tray area is rotten out. Needs rear floor pans. Had a repair job, probably when it was painted. I hope to have it on the road by end of March.

I’ll have to get the pictures off my phone. I don’t seem to have any on this iPad.

Back