Right side A post

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archeyj

Reaction score
My Car
1972 coupe Gold Glow full rebuild
My right side A post is twisted inwards slightly (haven’t measured but approximately 1/2 inch from wreck into door. Any tips to straighten it are appreciated 

Probably need a better description or photo of the damage

I'm gathering it is down the lower part of the A pillar near the hinges

If so will need to remove the fender and door for better access

Depending on the damage you may be able to rig up a Porta-power and pull it out

If not much experience might be better to go to a local panel beater and get them to pull it out, wouldn't cost a lot I reckon

Main problem will be getting it back to its original position which would be easier to check with a good door or take measurement from the good side

Good luck

Take it to a frame shop.  They have the tools to do it right, and it ends up being pretty affordable.

My bodyman took my unibody to the frame shop to make sure it was all straight before applying finishes.

kcmash

Have them pull that B-Pillar back in line too.

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure needs to go on frame machine. A hit like that can tweak the car from front to back. It is all welded together so if one piece moves so do more. Try to find a shop that has one of the machines with a frame that surrounds the entire body. They can to a pull in any direction much easier than some of the newer ones.

Back