Grabber Lime Restoration - Ram Air

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 429 CJs: Grabber Lime, Grabber Blue, White, Dark Green Metallic (2), Pewter, Red Convertible 1972: Sprints (3), 1973: Pink Convertible (2)
Here is the latest on the Grabber Lime 429 Mach 1 restoration - Cleaned the heck out of the original plenum so you could see the fiberglass within it as it came from the factory.  Refurbished the plastic housings to get the black plastic back to an original looking finish.  Took the staples out, opened up the housings and made sure the vacuum housing actuators worked.  Found an original vacuum hose with the blue XX up in my stash of parts for my project cars and a pair of really nice original exterior door handles. Now I can move onto the doors and interior once I put my hood pins in!

IMG_6735.jpg

IMG_6733.jpg

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6734.jpg

IMG_6325.jpg

Looks fantastic. I could not find the XX vacuum hoses. The repros are MX and the blue line. I suppose I should paint my actuators silver cad and not yellow cad.

I remember the work on these ram air pieces also. Like you, I took them apart careful, saving and reusing the original staples... A lot of work, but the end result was worth while. I am a little peeved in that the date code on your ram air plenum is on the back side of my plenum, of course, no one will ever see it... Nice work!

Ram air flapper8.jpg

Restored Ram Air Flappers4.jpg

I remember the work on these ram air pieces also. Like you, I took them apart careful, saving and reusing the original staples... A lot of work, but the end result was worth while. I am a little peeved in that the date code on your ram air plenum is on the back side of my plenum, of course, no one will ever see it... Nice work!
Your pieces look great and I like your actuators better, they look like they were redone is silver cad whereas I ended up painting mine.

Back