1971 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ain't gonna lie - it's a good lookin' car... for $8K.

Sorry, but a rusty 302 car with a new paint job and 'fair' interior?  I'll wager the floor pans and sub frame/chassis stiffeners are a mess.

Still - I'd be in for $8K.

These guys are freakin out of their minds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Mustang/163502109018?hash=item26117c315a:g:KSYAAOSwikBcSTnZ:rk:3:pf:0&vxp=mtr
Keep in mind that dealers like Gateway that have consignment vehicles price it based on what the customers want for their car.  Many times (as in this case) the customer believes their car is worth much more than the actual value and Gateway has to add their percentage.  Sometimes they try and talk the customer into reality, but the bottom line is they go with what the customer wants.  When offers come in lower, then they have to ask the customer if they are willing to take less.   Some cars are reasonable if you take the 10% commission off (or whatever they charge), and in lots of other cases, this is what you get.

Agree with Eric, this is a nice $8K car. Don't like to and usually try not to "Dismantle" anyones car. But when you are presented with a 37K car that obviously has a $99.00 Earl Scheib paint job, I wonder what's hiding underneath that shiney paint.

But now I do know what to do about my door speakers. I had been dreading pulling the door panels to replace the speakers. Now I see that I can just hang them from the lower part of the dashboard and...... Bada Bing Bada Boom...you're done!!    :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with the other comments here. The car is wearing a coat of shiny "resale red", and in some of those angles you can see orange peel (which in all honestly would be on a factory paint job) and also potentially other shenanigans beneath the paint. Whoever priced this is watching too many auctions on tv. Would an F code 302-2V normally have a C6 behind it? The stock C6 has 50+ hp parasitic loss, so perhaps not the best auto trans to be behind a 302-2V with 210 gross hp. Can't tell, maybe the intake has been swapped and there is a 4V on it. It's a car for cruising anyway and not a boulevard bruiser, but still...

But now I do know what to do about my door speakers. I had been dreading pulling the door panels to replace the speakers. Now I see that I can just hang them from the lower part of the dashboard and...... Bada Bing Bada Boom...you're done!!    :whistling:
I know, right?!  I just about spit my water all over the monitor when that picture flashed by.

I still say the underside will more than likely be a hot mess.  I mean, if a chrome protected exhaust tip is that rusty, you just know the rest of it's gonna be bad (ask me how I know... LOL!).

I know, right?!  I just about spit my water all over the monitor when that picture flashed by.

I still say the underside will more than likely be a hot mess.  I mean, if a chrome protected exhaust tip is that rusty, you just know the rest of it's gonna be bad (ask me how I know... LOL!).
Ok- how do you know?  lol  Kidding, I have seen most of your repair threads.  You brought a car back from the dead that many would have considered to be a parts car, which is pretty cool in my book.

Ok- how do you know?  lol  Kidding, I have seen most of your repair threads.  You brought a car back from the dead that many would have considered to be a parts car, which is pretty cool in my book.
lollerz

Seriously - thanks for the kind words.  Couldn't have done it without everybody's help, advice, and encouragement, though.  ::thumb::

Back