Hello from Indiana

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce180vf

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 H code
I am in the process of purchasing a 1972 Mach 1 H code glow gold Mustang. It has a clutch pedal which to me seems off for an H code car. The door tag is missing. Waiting on the Marti report. It has a 351 W with an auto in it right now. Going to restore it back to almost original. I have a 71 4V Cleveland to go into it. 

Thank's for the add.

Welcome from Ohio

If it was ordered with a 351 2 V the standard trans was a manual 3 speed.

Nice find as your M code will fit nicely with a 4 speed ::thumb::

I am in the process of purchasing a 1972 Mach 1 H code glow gold Mustang. It has a clutch pedal which to me seems off for an H code car. The door tag is missing. Waiting on the Marti report. It has a 351 W with an auto in it right now. Going to restore it back to almost original. I have a 71 4V Cleveland to go into it. 

Thank's for the add.

Thank's for the add.

Hello Bruce and welcome from Southern Indiana. You must be fairly close to me. Let me know if I can be of assistance in your restoration. I also have a gold glow 73 Q code automatic. Still gathering parts and pieces.

1goldcjmach

Hello from Mississippi. I guess we now have a new category of car find.  Instead of the now familiar Barn Find, we can add Found in the woods or in a leaf pile. At least the pedal hanger is still there if you decide to go back with a 3 or 4 sp trans. I believe you will like the Gold Glow color. While I didn't have a Mustang  that color, I did have two Gold Glow Gran Torino Sports that I always received compliments on the color.

Lots of knowledge and experience here, so never hesitate if you have any questions.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome,

I am also from Indiana, where bouts in Indiana are you? I'm west of Indy about 40 miles

Welcome from Amsterdam, the Netherlands! Can’t believe you find cars like this like that... How long has it been sitting?
The car has been sitting where it is for about 2 years where it is now. It has been covered up. I have known the car since 2004. Last time it was driven was 2009. It is in a state that sees no salt and very little snow. It is up high on the mountainside. I still have to make the trip to get it.The last time i saw it, it has very little rust. It will need at least quarter panels when it comes time for paint.

I live in Columbus, In.

The known facts about the car. It is an factory AC car. Deluxe interior with the wood grain door panel inserts, wood grain dash panel. It has the tach dash and 3 gauge cluster. Full matching Ginger console without the clock. That is about all i know right now. Door tag is missing from a previuos paint job that is peeling and dosent look like a factory original or even a good copy of rear spolier.

This will be my 3rd  7173 Mustang. I had a 73 coupe and a 71 FB Mach1 with a 351 cleveland 4v, auto, dragpack 3.91 gears in yellow and black. Only owned it for 2 weeks before my ex father in law talked me out of it. Still got to work on it and drive it until he sold it. I have been looking for one since that time. 

I have a 1967 Mercury cougar I drag raced with a 351 4v for years. It's now getting a full tube chassis 4.6 twin turbo in it. 

The 72 will get my old drag engine that is a 72 block and 71 4v quench chamber heads. I will am planning on a small roller cam and a T5 5 speed with 3.50 positrac. Magnum 500's and rear louvers, wing and possibly a ram air kit. Other than those upgrades it will be back to factory stock. It will be a driver to enjoy.

Welcome to the herd from North Carolina. Only two transmissions for H code in 72 was 3 speed and FMX auto. 936 FB and Mach 1 made with 3 speed. I parted out a vert that was 3 speed they only made 82 of them. I do have the three speed out of it if interested.

More pics please
Welcome from Oklahoma.

To help David drill down a little deeper on his numbers -

For 1972 Mustangs there were  304 Sportsroofs and 632 Mach 1's built with the H code 351-2V and 3-speed transmission. Relatively rare but commonly swapped for the more desirable 4 speeds.

Ray

Back