• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

head light door

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty1

Reaction score
My Car
1#-73 Grande Coupe 351 2V, FMX, 3:25, A/C, Needs some TLC to get it back on the road or make it go away.
2#- 73 Grande Coup, same drivetrain, but is a resto mod with 16" tires and wheels, is a daily driver and mama's birthday present
Looking for a drivers side head light door in the best condition I can find as I am finding out that no one makes them and buffers don't like them....

Why do you say buffers do not like them? Did your buffer eat one? I can buff if you have a good one $30.00 if not in real bad shape. Will buff and clear over since the anodize has to come off.

If it is a Mach 1 or Decor Group car will have the black out and only the outside edge polished.

Mama's "blue angel" is a 73 Grande and the doors are not blacked out like the Mach's and yes my buffer grabbed it, slapped me with it and threw it across the room.... I quit for the night. I am finding out who ever repaired this in the past? didn't know squat about stangs and as time allows, I am going thru it and correcting what I find .

When polishing the anodized parts I expect you stripped the anodize off with oven cleaner first. Then sand with 2,000 grit if any pits. When you are buffing with all those edges if you have not done a lot of buffing it will catch an edge and tear you up. You have to always have the rotation of the buffing wheel going the same direction as the edge or along the length of a long strip. You can also use a variable speed hand drill, safer and takes longer difficult to hold also.

I always caution anyone wanting to buff that it will get you before you can blink an eye.

I can get you the name of a professional shop that it will come back perfect. but he charges I think $37.00 a foot. That is for 1/4" wide or a rocker panel molding. He can repair also. My friend that restores uses him and I have seen several cars he did the trim on and you cannot find a flaw.

When polishing the anodized parts I expect you stripped the anodize off with oven cleaner first. Then sand with 2,000 grit if any pits. When you are buffing with all those edges if you have not done a lot of buffing it will catch an edge and tear you up. You have to always have the rotation of the buffing wheel going the same direction as the edge or along the length of a long strip. You can also use a variable speed hand drill, safer and takes longer difficult to hold also.

I always caution anyone wanting to buff that it will get you before you can blink an eye.

I can get you the name of a professional  it will come back perfect. but he charges I think $37.00 a foot. That is for 1/4" wide or a rocker panel molding. He can repair also. My friend that restores uses him and I have seen several cars he did the trim on and you cannot find a fla
I have tanks that I made for striping and I just flush them out when I change chemicals. My problem is that I have a crippled hand that makes it hard to hold things some times so when I buff or polish something, I have to try and be very careful some times you win, some times you lose.

Back