Hooker 6921HKR Competition Headers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean-Pierre

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang Fastback 73 351C
Hi.

Can someone tell me if this equipment can be installed on a 73 351C 2V with power steering and an FMX automatic gearbox ?

Has any of you done it ?

Some sites say yes and others not because of power steering or automatic transmission...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hooker-6921HKR-Competition-Headers-1971-1973-Ford-Mercury-351C-2V-/382705572786

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I don't understand...

I want to put the ram air on my 2V and change the header by better to improve intake and exhaust in my engine.

Like that, it will breathe better... :D :D :D

These fit fine on any 71-73 Mustang/Cougar. The power steering issue is for the 70-71 Fairlane/Montego since they have the external ram for power assist and require a drop bracket like the 65-70 Mustangs. See catalog snippet below and catalog PDF from '07. Ever since Holley bought out Hooker, their tech and website has been complete crap.

Footnotes:

4 - note about using Hooker products to fab exhaust

29- 2V heads only

33- 4V heads only

226 - fits w/C-6 auto

Hooker Headers Exhaust Catalogue.pdf

Attachments

• Hooker Headers Exhaust Catalogue.pdf
    7.8 MB · Views: 7
Ok, fine.

Thank you to all of you.  I will be to get to work... ::thumb::

Hi Hemmykiller

You are sure?

4 - note about using Hooker products to fab exhaust

29- 2V heads only

33- 4V heads only

226 - fits w/C-6 auto

Because in the site I would like to buy, it is not exactly that.

The Hooker 6915HKR with 4,29,226 is for 4V heads.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/hooker-long-tube-headers-1-3-4-competition-black-4-barrel-351c-1971-1973/p/EXHD57/

And the Hooker 6921HKR with 4,33 is for 2V heads.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/hooker-long-tube-headers-1-3-4-competition-black-2-barrel-351c-1971-1973/p/EXHD59/

You will see on the site that I asked the question for the power steering and the answer is negative. I'm a little lost...

Omie01 : for the 4V, he doesn't talk about the power steering... 

:huh: :huh: :huh:

I'm not entirely sure what the question is here, but the Hooker Competition 351C-2V headers fit with factory power steering and FMX just fine (I installed an AOD, but the FMX has a smaller valve-body/pan, so FMX will certainly fit).

Mine are ceramic-coated, BTW - but the same model nonetheless.

exhaust2.jpg

The exhaust is Pypes 2.5" stainless with X-pipe.  The collector flanges are Hooker units, and also come in stainless (which I didn't know at the time).

Got everything from Summit Racing, cheaper than CJPP.

Hope this helps!

Yup, I screwed that one up on the footnotes.

6915 - 4v

6921 - 2V

The answer "RK CJPP" gave you directly contradicts the question below yours, the Hooker catalog and my (and many others here) personal experience.

To be clear - there is no issue with these headers in a 71-73 351C Mustang with power steering.

Ok. Thank you both for your answers. This is clear enough for me and it take away the last doubts. ::thumb::

And, Mister 4x4, very nice chassis end engine view from below... :D

I only have to find a new exhaust that goes well with to replace my old tubes. A nice sound and better exit of gases.

Do you have any ideas ?... :whistling: ;)

Back