Back seat insulation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdm1952

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Thanks to all that sent replies to my Speaker question. Now a new one, Looking to replace the padding/insulation behind the back seat. Can't seem to find something close to original. Does anyone have a supplier that they have used? Thanks

I just bought a big roll of 1/2" Jute and cut a piece that "fit" behind my back rest portion, You can kind of see what the shape needs to be.
Same here. 1/2" jute carpet underlayment with the moisture barrier works very well.

Here's what I did on my car. Insulate the heck out of it all over! Kind of wish I'd spent a bit more money and gone with Dynamat or similar, but this is 1/2' thick jute type backed with aluminum. I also fitted a piece behind the springs of the back rest, but no pic of that.

Geoff.

My old 72 had jute with black thin plastic sheeting glued facing the trunk side. It was hung on seat back hooks. Its still there today, but I'm no expert.

I used some Dynamat in my car, my only issue with it is that it really STICKS!! I had to undo a little bit of it and it was a pain in the a$$!! As long as your car stays dry, there is no reason to over-do it!! Clearance in most areas is not a problem.

Back