Back seat insulation

Thanks to all that sent replies to my Speaker question. Now a new one, Looking to replace the padding/insulation behind the back seat. Can't seem to find something close to original. Does anyone have a supplier that they have used? Thanks

There was no separate piece of insulation behind the seat. All there is will be what padding is in the seat back itself. On a convertible there are a couple pads on top of the wheel house to protect the top well liner when the top is down.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I used DynaShield. To finish the cut edges after it was installed (which are present in the photo), I used a wood burning wand and ran it around the outer edge.

IMG-20180825-130259327.jpg

aluminium nitrat

I just bought a big roll of 1/2" Jute and cut a piece that "fit" behind my back rest portion, You can kind of see what the shape needs to be.

Same here. 1/2" jute carpet underlayment with the moisture barrier works very well.

Here's what I did on my car. Insulate the heck out of it all over! Kind of wish I'd spent a bit more money and gone with Dynamat or similar, but this is 1/2' thick jute type backed with aluminum. I also fitted a piece behind the springs of the back rest, but no pic of that.

Geoff.

IMG-3275.jpg

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

I used some Dynamat in my car, my only issue with it is that it really STICKS!! I had to undo a little bit of it and it was a pain in the a$$!! As long as your car stays dry, there is no reason to over-do it!! Clearance in most areas is not a problem.