Anonymous Donation Upgrades 1 Lucky Member To BENEFACTOR STATUS!!

RocketFoot

An anonymous donater decided to have a random member upgraded to Benefactor Status in return for a very generous donation to the forums! 

The first name that popped up was...

Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs

Congratulations!  CMA now has unlimited space for uploaded photos and unlimited PM storage as well as all the other VIP perks! 

If you want to browse 7173Mustangs.com like a VIP, click here and check out the different VIP packages available for your donation!

https://7173mustangs.com/janotas_subscription_page.php

spacer.png

Congratulations David! You are a valuable contributor to this forum with your knowledge and years of experience with Ford products. The Benefactor Status is well deserved and a big THANKS to the anonymous donor who made it possible.

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Well done, David. Your knowledge and access to your cars has been, and is, an important part of this forum and the Mustang community. Congratulations.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Congratulations David! Even though I haven't been a member very long I have been impressed with your deep knowledge of these cars that we all share a common interest in. Well deserved and Thank You for sharing your knowledge with us! :bravo:

1973 Mustang convertible, F code w/ C4, stock survivor with refresh in progress. Blue glow w/ Blue Comfortweave interior.

Congratulations David! Well deserved.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Welcome to a most exclusive club!  One of our rules is:

New VIP members pay for a round of drinks for all other VIPs.  I'll have a Tap 357 on the rocks.

Thank you!

Makes me wonder what the other rules are?

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

Gosh I just saw this post. What a shocker for sure. Many thanks to whom ever made it possible.

I have been having to erase pictures like crazy to post others, lol.

There use to be a family joke back when we used film cameras that we owned majority interest in Kodak because we took so many pictures. When digital came got even worse, lol. I use to go to the race track and take pictures and I had darkroom would develop the film and print 8 1/2 X 11 and go back the next week and sell to the drivers. Was always into something new all the time, get bored easy.

So no Midlife you going to be at the 55 ann in Charlotte in April I will buy drinks, lol.

Thanks again for the upgrade just hope I am round for a while, lol.

Cheers,

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Gosh I just saw this post. What a shocker for sure. Many thanks to whom ever made it possible.

There use to be a family joke back when we used film cameras that we owned majority interest in Kodak because we took so many pictures. When digital came got even worse, lol. I use to go to the race track and take pictures and I had darkroom would develop the film and print 8 1/2 X 11 and go back the next week and sell to the drivers. Was always into something new all the time, get bored easy.

So no Midlife you going to be at the 55 ann in Charlotte in April I will buy drinks, lol.

Cheers,

Saw you mentioned darkroom.  I would take pictures and spend hours in the darkroom.

I am not sure todays digital is better.

mike

spacer.png

Cheers,

Saw you mentioned darkroom.  I would take pictures and spend hours in the darkroom.

mike

Mike,

For sure digital is not as good. The colors never are right. You are recording what a computer chips sees and not actually taking what comes through the lens and burning it on film. Then it gets printed by another computer and a printer trying to guess at what it looked like. The colors from film are much better, more vibrant. If you go online Kodak had a professional photographer take the last roll of 35mm Kodachrome film and take some special pics with it. You can still get film and I do still take a few. The large format cameras just cannot be beat. Ansel Adams proved that many times over. When I was in Cuba I saw lots of Japanese people using film cameras and some were the larger formats.

Like the song say don't take my Kodachrome away, lol. Young guys won't have a clue on that one.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Ansel Adams did more with black & white than most "good" photographers could, and can, do with color. He took amazing pictures.

+1 on a darkroom, playing around to see what I could come up with, techniques like dodging or going to extemes like solarization. Ansel did a lot of darkroom work on his photos, as well as using filters on the lenses of his cameras to enhance the appearance of clouds and sky.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Cheers,

mike

Mike,

For sure digital is not as good. The colors never are right. You are recording what a computer chips sees and not actually taking what comes through the lens and burning it on film. Then it gets printed by another computer and a printer trying to guess at what it looked like. The colors from film are much better, more vibrant. If you go online Kodak had a professional photographer take the last roll of 35mm Kodachrome film and take some special pics with it. You can still get film and I do still take a few. The large format cameras just cannot be beat. Ansel Adams proved that many times over. When I was in Cuba I saw lots of Japanese people using film cameras and some were the larger formats.

Like the song say don't take my Kodachrome away, lol. Young guys won't have a clue on that one.

You can also argue tube vs. transistor, which sounds better.

mike

spacer.png