1972 mach Hoses at manifold vacuum fitting

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mach 1 351 ram air
[url=https://ibb.co/R9rNbJs][img]https://i.ibb.co/376vdPj/DSC06636.jpg[/img][/url]
Previous owner of my car added an Edelbrock 4V manifold.  The vacuum fitting on the manifold I'm guessing is not stock.  See picture.

The power brake booster and the vacuum canister (mine is an after market can) both need a 3/8 hose from manifold vacuum. 

I'm wondering, from the factory, how this would have looked.  Did the manifold fitting have two 3/8" ports on it, or was the vacuum split with a "T" to the booster and vac can.?

I have looked at all the vacuum diagrams I can find.  They only address the vacuum hoses on the water pump vacuum switch, carb, ect.  They all stop at the manifold vacuum fitting not showing me how the power booster, vacuum canister, and Ram Air hood are supplied with vacuum.

I'm not doing a concours or anything, but I'm going as similar to original if possible.

Thanks

20190214_165202.jpg

Thanks for that info. Nice to know it is the correct piece.

My car does not have the plastic vacuum distribution piece yours has.

I can see the large port goes to the booster.

One small port to tranny.

The other smaller hose looks like it is going to a hardline right next to your tranny hardline.

I guess to the vacuum canister.?

That would explain a lot since mine is an aftermarket vacuum canister.

Thanks for your help!

Previous owner of my car added an Edelbrock 4V manifold.  The vacuum fitting on the manifold I'm guessing is not stock.  See picture.

The power brake booster and the vacuum canister (mine is an after market can) both  need a 3/8 hose from manifold vacuum. 

I'm wondering, from the factory, how this would have looked.  Did the manifold fitting have two 3/8" ports on it,  or was the vacuum split with a "T" to the booster and vac can.?

I have looked at all the vacuum diagrams I can find.  They only address the vacuum hoses on the water pump vacuum switch, carb, ect.  They all stop at the manifold vacuum fitting not showing me how the power booster, vacuum canister, and Ram Air hood are supplied with vacuum.

I'm not doing a concours or anything, but I'm going as similar to original if possible.

Thanks
Lots of vacuum diagrams here to confuse you:

https://www.mustangbarn.com/technical-information

Before I help, what options does your car have: A/C? auto?, what carb are you running, etc. What is the "vacuum can" you're talking about? Do you have a pic?

Parkka's car will be different, since his is a 73.  The two lines to the trans are for the dual area vacuum modulator.

My car has A/C, Auto, Ram Air, actually lots of options. (fold down seat, tilt wheel, am/fm, sports intertior, HD battery, ect)

back to the point...

The photo shows the Jegs vacuum canister in my car.  The vacuum fitting on the manifold has one 3/8 port.  My PB booster and Vacuum can

both need a 3/8 hose.  My 3/8 hose from the fitting was split with a T to those.

The photo in the post clears this up for me.  The 3/8 port did go to PB booster from the factory.

One of the smaller vacuum hoses fed the stock Vacuum can.

The photo from Parkka seems to show a plugged vacuum port on the manifold Vacuum fitting that is not being used.

Mine just has the 3 smaller ports.

My car has factory Ram Air.  Where did the vacuum hose to the Ram Air originally come from?

One of the smaller ports on my vacuum T?

Thanks for any help

20190209_134418.jpg

Back