Side scoops/vent

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeet76

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback, a mix modeled after the original Black Pursuit Special, and Yellow Interceptor from Mad Max (1979)

This may upset some of the purists. However, I have been thinking about installing side scoops, or vents, behind the doors of my '73 fastback, and was wondering if anyone else has, or has thought about it as well & which style you would go with.

I like the style that are on the 70's Australian Falcon XA/XB's (Mad Max), but they don't fit between the door jamb & the wheel arch.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

This may upset some of the purists. However, I have been thinking about installing side scoops, or vents, behind the doors of my '73 fastback, and was wondering if anyone else has, or has thought about it as well & which style you would go with.

I like the style that are on the 70's Australian Falcon XA/XB's (Mad Max), but they don't fit between the door jamb & the wheel arch.

when i bought my 73 mach 1 it had side scoops on it. the po put them on because he liked the way they looked on other stangs. they are not functional. i think they look awesome. i dont know what year they are.

when i bought my 73 mach 1 it had side scoops on it. the po put them on because he liked the way they looked on other stangs. they are not functional. i think they look awesome. i dont know what year they are.
:worthlesswithoutpics:

I'd love to see what yours looks like with the side scoops on it.

Here's mine so far....still have much more I need & want to do

Nice car, any chance you are on the MadMax forum?

What's the badge in the grille? I like it!
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice car, any chance you are on the MadMax forum?
I'm not, but I should be! Could you share the link with me?

Thanks! It is the MFP badge from the original Mad Max movie.

I got it from mfpbadges.com.au

Scoops may have to be fabricated to fit that spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The forum is:

www.madmaxmovies.com

I've been on there just about forever. There is also the Australian Falcon yahoo group and

MadMaxCars.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a pic of a friend of mines car at a local Ford/Mustang show. Notice no one wanted to park next to it....

here is a pic of a friend of mines car at a local Ford/Mustang show. Notice no one wanted to park next to it....

I like it! In fact, if the paint shop I took mine to wouldn't have messed up their first attempt, mine would have had a flat black similar to your friends here.

Thanks! It is the MFP badge from the original Mad Max movie.

I got it from mfpbadges.com.au

Back