How does the rear seat back come out with fold down

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Ok since it is a cold rainy day I cannot paint or do anything outside.

So I was cleaning the seats. I got the fronts looking great and went and took the rear cushion out no issue comes out like all cars. I have never had the fold down part out of the car. So it looked like the two bolts on each side held the hinges to the floor. I took them out and the back does move around but seems to be hooked the the rear platform.

What else needs to come out?

Never had one of these apart. I was shocked not mice under the back seat. Interior is going to look brand new. All those years of not cleaning it saved it, lol.

Thanks for any help. I will see if I can search also. I usually get lost doing that.

Ok since it is a cold rainy day I cannot paint or do anything outside.

So I was cleaning the seats. I got the fronts looking great and went and took the rear cushion out no issue comes out like all cars. I have never had the fold down part out of the car. So it looked like the two bolts on each side held the hinges to the floor. I took them out and the back does move around but seems to be hooked the the rear platform.

What else needs to come out?

Never had one of these apart. I was shocked not mice under the back seat. Interior is going to look brand new. All those years of not cleaning it saved it, lol.

Thanks for any help. I will see if I can search also. I usually get lost doing that.
Hi David.  Been a while since I did this but a couple of things are still with me.  Yes, there are two screws at the base of the seat back section, kind of buried underneath.  And the flat section at the very back has four screws - two across the back near the trapdoor hinge and two in the front corners which locate into little clips underneath.  Only reason I mention this is that I spent an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't lift the back section and finally discovered these screws within the carpet fibers.

Amazing   what you might find underneath.

Good work.

PKJ

Back