This one takes the cake A T code with a chevy engine

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I thought the 5th digit in that year being a G code represents a Boss 302.  Not time to look up the T right now.

kcmash

It was originally a Metuchen built 1970 Boss 302 now with a 69 front end, a camaro like tail panel and a Chevy small block! What a shame to have done that to a real Boss 302.

1970 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 0T02G111988

Assembly Plant

Code  Plant

F        Dearborn, MI

R        San Jose, CA

T          Metuchen, NJ

Body Style

Code

Body Style

01     Hardtop

02     Sports Roof/Fastback

03     Convertible

04     Grande

Mach 1

Engine

Code Engine

F      302-2v

G      302-4v Boss

L      250-1v

M     351-4v

Q     428-4v

R     428-4v Ram Air

T     200-1v

Z     429-4v Boss

H     351-2v

In their defence, it may have been butchered before they bought it, BUT whomever did this in the first place should be SHOT AND PISSED ON!!

Makes me sick. It's bad enough when ever some idiot puts a Chevy engine in a Ford, any Ford, but this!

Geoff.

There actually are (T) Metuchen built 70 Boss 302's. Just not in the numbers as great as the Dearborn cars. There are subtle differences between the Dearborn and Metuchen built cars. The 69 Boss 302, 69/70 Boss 429 and 71 Boss were built exclusively in Dearborn.

But at this point it wouldn't make any difference if this Boss David found on E Bay was built in Egypt. There is so little left of the original car,it barely qualifies to even be labeled a Boss. With a Chevrolet frame, suspension, powertrain, 69 front clip and those Firebird tail lights, this car is nothing more than  something with a desirable VIN. I really hate to see something as iconic as these Boss cars end up like this one.  :eek:(

And...for $10.000.00 CASH ONLY, this pup can be yours!    :D

Lol   Hemikiller. Since our 71-73's don't qualify as real Mustangs according to the 65-70 Club, they probably figured we would never know the difference anyway!!

Yep, the Vin off a car such as this one, with no hope of ever being restored to any form of its former glory concerns me. This Vin will probably show up one day at Barrett Jackson as a original owner ,garage kept show queen worth a King's ransom.

I'm sure you have seen the same thing on Graveyard Carz on Velocity. They bring in something that looks like it fell off a cliff and was left to the elements for 50 years. After replacing everything but the Vin plate....and now with a wave of the magic wand, we have a brand new whatever ready for the big bucks at Barrett Jackson.

Wish there was some way to track these "Desirable" Vins from cars that are beyond any reasonable chance of ever being restored.

Just like a GM friend of mine who restores cars told me, with all the fake vins and Vin switching going on, there are more Z-28's and SS Chevelles on the road now than GM ever built!

It's been on eBay a couple times from the links I found, starting last fall.

Steve - so true. They poo-pooed the 71-73s for decades, until the "Boss" name became too hard to resist. Then they figured out the B351 was a better all around car.

"The car is on a 1957 Chevy full frame." This I would love to see pictures of. Wow. Well no need for subframe connectors now. lol

Back