Shell Gas Station "A Perfect Day"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Completed
1972 Mach 1 Future Project
1972 Mach 1 Doner Parts Car
1973 302 Current Project
We've all seen the iconic drawings and paintings of classic cars at the gas pump and Mom and Pop shops, well we pulled over to put gas and I thought I'd make my own LOL! :D Wish I knew how to photoshop and remove the background cars LOL!

2vmiqh1.jpg

14w51so.jpg

s6lorc.jpg

And the Cool Down.

11j0y28.jpg

1970 and 71 Head to Head

ige1e9.jpg

A $90 fine if caught with any electronic device in the driver's hand :(

35iacnm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those cars really look terrific....I really should have put orange down as one of my favorite colors on the other thread posting!

It's interesting that our Mustang's are called the big bodied ones, but when you see one of ours parked next to a '70 model like that then why does the '70 actually appear to be the bigger car? :huh:

Those cars really look terrific....I really should have put orange down as one of my favorite colors on the other thread posting!

It's interesting that our Mustang's are called the big bodied ones, but when you see one of ours parked next to a '70 model like that then why does the '70 actually appear to be the bigger car? :huh:
LOL When Whitesoc and I parked his next to my 2011 they were almost the same size also. Blew my mind.

$90 fine for using a handheld device

I wish

come to Queensland $280 for using a phone plus 3 demerit points

we only have 12 points then its licence gone for 3 months

in the last year

I have had

3 points for doing 90 in an 80 zone last year it was a 90k road

and 3 points for bald tyres plus $250 for the 10 k over and $200

for bald tyres not even my truck but I was driving so I copped it

oh for your info 10ks equals six MPH over the limit

so in the old language I was doing 55 MPH in a 50 zone

life sucks

Never trust a dog to hold a sandwich for you

thanks John

LOL When Whitesoc and I parked his next to my 2011 they were almost the same size also. Blew my mind.
Big bodied as in "Fat Pig" Lee Iacocca once called it, Clydsdale and lots of other bad names. Well, I honestly think it's the "Mean Girl" syndrome. The prettiest girl (our year cars) with the biggest and well proportioned parts :D and not to mention, the European influences, much like the Pantera, shows up and the lil girlie gang gets threatened and start to put her down. I too parked next to a 2000ish year stang and it didn't look all that big after all. And, even today you'll find these A-Holes putting our cars down LOL! A Mustang club here locally has members posting on their website putting our cars down saying it's big and ugly. Don't get it! Oh well, keep on building and represent them well is all we can do.

$90 fine for using a handheld device

I wish

come to Queensland $280 for using a phone plus 3 demerit points

we only have 12 points then its licence gone for 3 months

in the last year

I have had

3 points for doing 90 in an 80 zone last year it was a 90k road

and 3 points for bald tyres plus $250 for the 10 k over and $200

for bald tyres not even my truck but I was driving so I copped it

oh for your info 10ks equals six MPH over the limit

so in the old language I was doing 55 MPH in a 50 zone

life sucks

Never trust a dog to hold a sandwich for you

thanks John
Yikes! and I thought we had it bad. Fine for bald tires? Insane! My registration fee is $295 because we now go by weight of the vehicle. I remembered when it use to be $76 in the 80's. Times have changed and the law makers are raping us all. Drive safe and have fun!

I love the pic of everyone braking and seeing muscle cars in the rear view. Quality!!!
Thanks! ;)

Here is the shot
Nice pics Roy and whitesoc! Also looked like a perfect day. I miss the days when I could just hop in the car and drive a few hours and end up in another State. Now it's just a 4hr trip around the whole island LOL! I'll need to turn my car into Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :D

Big bodied as in "Fat Pig" Lee Iacocca once called it, Clydsdale and lots of other bad names. Well, I honestly think it's the "Mean Girl" syndrome. The prettiest girl (our year cars) with the biggest and well proportioned parts :D and not to mention, the European influences, much like the Pantera, shows up and the lil girlie gang gets threatened and start to put her down. I too parked next to a 2000ish year stang and it didn't look all that big after all. And, even today you'll find these A-Holes putting our cars down LOL! A Mustang club here locally has members posting on their website putting our cars down saying it's big and ugly. Don't get it! Oh well, keep on building and represent them well is all we can do.

yup.. so true..and i find it funny how people who are not mustang inclined will come up too me and ask...is that a 69 or 1970 mach 1?...lol...cause everyone grew up hearing about fast back 69 or 70 mach 1's....i pull mine up too 69 machs sometimes and notice how much more style is in mine...its lower..wider..more room...even acording to curb weights a bit lighter...reason why the 71 351 boss stang could stomp all previous years of mustang...bad 1974 press really hurt are cars...but thats ok..there recovering now...just in time for us too enjoy the fruits of are labor of love for these old big girls..lol

some great pics man!!

yup.. so true..and i find it funny how people who are not mustang inclined will come up too me and ask...is that a 69 or 1970 mach 1?...lol...cause everyone grew up hearing about fast back 69 or 70 mach 1's....i pull mine up too 69 machs sometimes and notice how much more style is in mine...its lower..wider..more room...even acording to curb weights a bit lighter...reason why the 71 351 boss stang could stomp all previous years of mustang...bad 1974 press really hurt are cars...but thats ok..there recovering now...just in time for us too enjoy the fruits of are labor of love for these old big girls..lol

some great pics man!!
I've heard that one before, but I hear comments like "it's the James Bond car" the most. I use to collect anything that had to do with this car and I couldn't believe the amount of toys and memorabilia they've made in this body style and not to mention all the movies these cars have been in. Truely an iconic car!

I've heard that one before, but I hear comments like "it's the James Bond car" the most. I use to collect anything that had to do with this car and I couldn't believe the amount of toys and memorabilia they've made in this body style and not to mention all the movies these cars have been in. Truely an iconic car!

there is a some what classic lookin pic i made with paint shop..if i had more time today..i would put in all the right gas prices..but i got one in there..lol...and a bit better work..i kinda rushed this one..lol

I love the pic of everyone braking and seeing muscle cars in the rear view. Quality!!!
Thanks! ;)

Here is the shot
Nice pics Roy and whitesoc! Also looked like a perfect day. I miss the days when I could just hop in the car and drive a few hours and end up in another State. Now it's just a 4hr trip around the whole island LOL! I'll need to turn my car into Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :D
Might only be 4 hrs around the Island ...but its a lot of fun.....I remember the wife and I rented a jeep and started out ...It was Sunny in Waikiki and soon as we hit the Pali highway it started to rain.....by the time I got to the lookout to pull over we were soaked and it stopped ....no use putting the top up!

Back