1973 Coupe 1/4 interior panels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sports Roof Fastback (early model)
1973 Coupe -Under rebuild/restore
All,

I bought a vinyl kit to cover my rear 1/4 interior covers to get a nice look, plus cover the 45 year plastic. Well, folks at Gresham Lake Upholstery said I had the covers for the convertible 1/4 interior panel. Snap! Since I am here, please make a set and fix up my white 1/4 interior panels.

what is the chemical formula of aluminum sulfide

I will need to use the v cup style washers on the interior screws. I also need to resolve the rear 1/4 window roll up handle so it will not cut into the new vinyl.

Looks great, I have a spare set of white coupe(convertible?) trims but they are a little chalky so yours is a good solution

Would be a shame to throw out an original set of trims just because they are chalky

Looks great, I have a spare set of white coupe(convertible?) trims but they are a little chalky so yours is a good solution

Would be a shame to throw out an original set of trims just because they are chalky
OzCoupe72,

Especially since good ones are hard to come by. Are they reproduced? I have seen that the repo 71 -73 fast back ones are not of good quality.

They do not make panels for vert that I know of. I bought a rust bucket parts car several years age. The PO had covered the rear panels in it. When I pull the vinyl off the panels underneath were perfect not chalky but they had sanded with 36 grit to glue the vinyl on. It was a PW car also.

On putting something behind to prevent the handle from tearing. There should be a plastic disc behind there originally. You could cut one out yourself from like a thick plastic milk jug or plastic packaging.

I made my own wind lace by simply covering a piece of cord with white vinyl and contact cement to panel.

If anyone has a set of convertible panels chalked or not if no speaker holes I would be interested in them.

All,

I bought a vinyl kit to cover my rear 1/4 interior covers to get a nice look, plus cover the 45 year plastic. Well, folks at Gresham Lake Upholstery said I had the covers for the convertible 1/4 interior panel. Snap! Since I am here, please make a set and fix up my white 1/4 interior panels.

I will need to use the v cup style washers on the interior screws. I also need to resolve the rear 1/4 window roll up handle so it will not cut into the new vinyl.
You might look at the chromed plastic bezels that go behind the cranks on the doors. Very cheap at NPD.

I made my own wind lace by simply covering a piece of cord with white vinyl and contact cement to panel.

Where can you buy that "cord" I tried googling, but didn't get anything that looked like that, so I guess I need better words to type. 

Also, is the outside tube called and where can i get this ? 

I assume that Amazon will have both if I know what to ask for. (I need black but assume that will not be an issue once i know what i m looking for. )

Finally, how did you make the top end? just roll over the tubing ?  Is this a heat shrink material ?

sorry for the hi-jack

thanks

Where can you buy that "cord" I tried googling, but didn't get anything that looked like that, so I guess I need better words to type. 

Also, is the outside tube called and where can i get this ? 

I assume that Amazon will have both if I know what to ask for. (I need black but assume that will not be an issue once i know what i m looking for. )

Finally, how did you make the top end? just roll over the tubing ?  Is this a heat shrink material ?

sorry for the hi-jack

thanks
Hello mudbilly,

No need to apologize there! Welcome all comments! Love the ingenuity of the members!

OzCoupe72,

Especially since good ones are hard to come by. Are they reproduced? I have seen that the repo 71 -73 fast back ones are not of good quality.
My guess is they are original as I inherited many trim parts including seats from an Olympic Sprint model although these might have been recovered

Not sure if Coupe and Convertible are different but my original black ones don't have ashtrays or seat belt slots but the white ones do

All,

what is the chemical formula of aluminum sulfide

Where did purchase vinyl kit for convertible from? I can't seem to find any sources!

Back